GX470 Locked Overland Build (Tacoma, WA)

WhiteH2O

Observer
Here is a GX470 that has all the modifications done that you want in a GX Overland build.

-Rear 8.2 E-lock
-Front electric Dif Lock
-Center dif lock
-4wd hi and 4wd low gearing
-Re-geared to 4.56
-Landcruiser E-Lock switch
-35" SST Pro tires
-Full size matching brand new spare tire on rear bumper, 0 miles
-Engo winch 12k with synthetic line
-Iron Man Foam Cell Pro suspension
-Aftermarket lower control arms
-Full aluminum skid plates
-Full independent secondary electrical system
-House electrical distribution panel
-House battery (for lights, radios, fridge, usb charging)
-ARB Fridge
-High output alternator
-Custom baltic burch rear drawer and fridge slide system
-Metal Tech bumpers front and rear
-Fuel containers on rear bumper (12 gallons)
-Red rock lights- come on with open door, unlocked doors, or switch on/off
-Trailer brake
-2" trailer hitch receptacle with 7 pin trailer connection
-Roof rack 4'x8' using factory attachment points
-FoxWing 270 degree awning (this thing is super cool)
-Sliders (included but not installed)
-Weather Tech floor mats front and rear
-Switches for front, side, reverse LEDs on center console

The "less than perfect"
-Rubber around the windows are splitting and peeling
-Trim on lower pax door is loose in front half of door
-fist sized dent on back corner pillar
-rear tail light has heat damage (a car parked behind me caught on fire, this was only damage)
-Has some "pinstriping" from brush - shallow scratches on both sides paint
-Navigation control unit was removed- so no nav
-The cover to the FoxWing awning has pretty bad UV damage and should be replaced
-Radio has pretty bad sound, assume speakers are blown

I bought this in 2014 and started the build when I only could find 5 other GX builds in the country at the time. This GX had the first commercially built/bought front and rear bumpers for a GX in the USA- by Southern Style Offroad (then Southern Style Speed) installed at the Overland Expo in 2014 in Flagstaff, AZ. Those have been since replaced with Metal Tech bumpers front and rear. They are far superior bumpers and are made down in Oregon. Installed and modified for 35" tires by the workers at Metal Tech.

This is a 220k mile vehicle that was used off road, so it has some wear and tear. It is, however, built solid and has lots of life left. It has many trips multiple hours away from the closest road and many miles away from any help (has been into the Maze section of Canyonlands multiple times) and has many more trips like this left in her. Only left us stranded once when the idler pulley squeeled for a few days and took out the aux belt. My fault for not fixing the pulley when it was warning me with the noise. It does go through a front axle every few years due to the high angle between the front dif and the drive knuckle. I have a few axle cores that I would include in the sale, if interested, to be used for a rebuild. The GX gets regular full synthetic oil changes, and the last timing belt/water pump was done at 180k miles. This has been a bullet proof workhorse for the past 10 years, and we'll be sad to see it go.

The reason for the sale is that our trips have stopped including offroad adventures into the middle of nowhere, and are now focused on the kids' bike racing around the state. As much as I hate to do it, it looks like my future is Van Life at bike trailheads for the foreseeable future.

Asking $22,750. Feel free to contact me with any questions. I'm also open to offers, but I won't give it away. I'm willing to do a video chat walk around or provide more pictures upon request also. Bike rack not included. Still being driven, so miles (currently 222,000) will be going up.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

GX Drawers.jpg

Here is the rear drawer system. This picture was with the previous bumper, but the drawers have stayed the same.

Top.jpg

Last edited:

AlwaysEntropy

Timid Observer
She's a beaut Clark!
I think I almost got in an accident trying to check out your rig when we passed each other around town. Great set up and even more impressive seeing the specs!

WhiteH2O

Observer
It has been pointed out to me that I didn't include the year of the GX in the ad! Minor details....

It is a 2006.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior