Hadley and Tardis STOLEN, PLEASE HELP LOOK

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I am toasting the unknown logger and praying you get your truck back and the thieves are punished to the full extent of the law, or hung.

dawnhoyden

Observer
Holy cow. I just saw this thread. I'm glad the camper was retrieved, albeit not in great condition. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for your truck and the rest of your gear to be recovered (in decent condition even). :-(

TZtraveler

Such sad news

I've been following these events, Nathanael, with real sadness. What is the latest on the situation? How are you going to get back to Minnesota, and what are your plans for the future? This is such a bummer. I do hope you can recover your truck and somehow patch things back together. It sounds like you have a great attitude about this, though. "Let it go, let it go..." That's much easier to say, or sing, than to actually feel, but I hope you can hang in there and recover a positive outlook! You have lots of people pulling for you.

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
Hope the insurance company does right by him. I was in a rollover towing a South African Bushwakka Fargo trailer and State Farm had no clue until I put them in touch with the guys at Adventure Trailers who I had bought it from.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Just as a side note. Regarding our expensive toys vs the basic vehicle value. I always document my costly toy with the insurer. It has been a good move a few times when damage and or theft has happened. Statefarm cut me a check two days after notifying them. And in the case of damage repair the Statefarm agent was very familiar with the builder and told me 3 months and he would check back. He did and yes it was 3 months. Lol

Very important to list real value of these costly toys also, given the Insurer is simply going off what they know and if you dont tell them hey my FWC shell is now outfitted and its value is xx now vs its lower initial shell cost etc the insurer doesnt know unless you tell them, send photos, product tag numbers etc.

Tatted

Adventurer
Thanks Stan, looking back I wished I would have went with a FWC. Very impressive company you have

When a vehicle is stolen, how long does it typically take for the insurance companies to pay whatever it is they owe you?

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
When a vehicle is stolen, how long does it typically take for the insurance companies to pay whatever it is they owe you?

Most times insurance companies will wait at least three weeks in hopes the vehicle will be recovered. For the most part if three weeks go by ad vehicle has yet to be recovered, it will never be.

Paul B.

Adventurer
We are building what I will consider to be an IRREPLACEABLE rig. Insurance money would be a little solace, but could never replace the blood, sweat, tears, love, attention , attachment we have for this thing. We are looking at multiple satellite trackers, some imbedded in the frame, battery op, etc. Also use steering wheel locking bar (The Club) everytime it's outta sight, kill switches, etc.

My heart truly goes out to you.

longhorn1

Observer
When you look at the cost to replace our trucks and campers the value is staggering. Many of us have trucks and campers valued at $60K+. I researched high and low and found a company that installs a full proof kill switch. They have never had a vehicle stolen. Ravelco has installers coast to coast. I paid $499.95, a small price to pay for peace of mind. Go to their web site and watch several of the videos. You remove the 16 prong fab and nobody can start your truck. http://www.ravelco.com/index.html The fab attaches to your keys when you leave your truck. It takes 2-3 hours for the install. Everything is hidden. This still doesn't mean that a pro might not try and damage the starter and steering column, but spending $250+/- is a small price to pay. At least your truck and camper will be there when you return. jd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179