Half doors

86cj

Explorer
I thought it might be a good topic to disscuss since warm weather is coming. Who has them and who does not want them?

I just bought a set of half doors on Craigslist complete with soft uppers in like new condition, I need to paint them before I use them. I have never had a set before or ridden in a Jeep with them. I did notice extra elbow room when I test fit them.....

Attachments

• Jeep half doors.jpg
    Jeep half doors.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 216

computeruser

Explorer
I've wanted to buy a pair for a while, but they never come up cheap enough for it to make sense. Doors off on the highway, I can't look down at the dotted white lines or I get dizzy, but the pull to look at the dotted line is irresistible...I think that if I had the half doors, I couldn't see them flying by...

86cj

Explorer
I've wanted to buy a pair for a while, but they never come up cheap enough for it to make sense. Doors off on the highway, I can't look down at the dotted white lines or I get dizzy, but the pull to look at the dotted line is irresistible...I think that if I had the half doors, I couldn't see them flying by...

I wanted a set of half doors since we bought the Jeep, but the dealer wanted over $2000 even after buying a soft top for $1300 from them, dual tops were not an LJ option in 2004. I noticed after 2003 alot more Jeep models came with full doors and the selection of newer half doors used is not that great. I figured the longer I wait the rougher condition they will be in, I wanted the right color and interior panel and local pick up, like they say two out of three aint' bad.

I have just ran with no doors when the top is down and have had a few people get a little scared and mention a motorcycle feels safer....

rjcj-8

Adventurer
I went from a set of full doors on the 8 to half doors and have not looked back.

If I ever get a newer jeep half doors will be a requirement.

sgt rock

Adventurer
doorless since 1986

my 2005 tj sport has half doors....and during the summer i run tube doors.

pretty much have been half doors or no doors since 1986...though my jk will never see half or no doors becouse i hate cleaning dust....

absolute

Adventurer
I have a set of half soft doors without the uppers and really looking for a hard set. Full doors during the winter!

Usually don't run doors in the summer! Makes me feel like I'm riding! :victory:

ryanhewitt

Adventurer
I like 'em

My 01' has them and I like the "built in armrest". The only thing that I dislike are the uppers. The jeep came with trashed ones, so I did the reskins, and now after about 2 years the drivers zipper is acting up (and yes I take care of the zippers). Looking at sliding uppers next.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
I have half doors on the 4door JK and love it. Best way to quickly "open" the jeep up while still having the door for those who cant handle the little white lines on the HWY going by at 70 mph.

turner

I have half doors on the 4door JK and love it. Best way to quickly "open" the jeep up while still having the door for those who cant handle the little white lines on the HWY going by at 70 mph.

At least your jeep can go 70 mph...

I love my half doors. I like them better than doorless to be honest.

RedRocker

Adventurer
My 86 has had half doors since about 87, not sure if I'll put some on the LJ, but I'd like a set, much better for wheeling IMHO.

Darton

Adventurer
I'm trading a guy this week my half doors and soft uppers fior his full hard doors. I liked the half doors for a little while but I'd rather have hard doors and buy a set of bestop soft doors for summer.

86cj

Explorer
I'm trading a guy this week my half doors and soft uppers fior his full hard doors. I liked the half doors for a little while but I'd rather have hard doors and buy a set of bestop soft doors for summer.

I know I would not be without full doors, but for a second set I found the Bestop soft doors new cost as much as a less than perfect set of factory half doors. That and the fact that I think the factory half door compliments the body lines of the Wrangler perfectly especially when windowless.

bigbeast

I have a TJ with half doors and soft uppers. I was thinking of going to soild uppers for better security and highway noise. Is this a good idea? Will it provide highway noise reduction? Is it more secure? Does anyone have any pictures of how the solid upper halfs secure to the lower door. Is it the same as the soft uppers. I have both a hardtop and soft top. Hard top is on it right now, because it is air conditioning season.

whitecon

Observer
I just got a set of 1/2 doors a few eeks ago. Believe it or not, I actually rattle canned them the factory Jeep "stone white" to match. I got quotes from $350 to $450 for painting them. Ended up spending about $70 in matereals all said and done. Color matches perfectly.
Here they are:
018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12