HAM Operators- Post up here

Expedition Leader
KF5YKA.

I took element 2 and 3 two weekends ago and passed. My callsign was posted last Friday, the paper license arrived today.

Congratulations!

And +1 on the Buddipole, I like mine and have used it to log contacts all over the world on 10 through 40M with my 100-watt Kenwood TS480-SAT. My radio, MFJ-259 analyzer, power cables, and a log book, etc. all fit in one small military surplus Pelican case and the Buddipole fits in its own bag the size of a smallish tent. Once you play with the Buddipole and find a few favorite configurations, it is pretty quick and easy to set up.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Passed my tech exam this morning, now I have to wait for the gubment to get back to work so they can issue my license. The waiting is the hard part. Have had the radio for over a month listening to the local chatter. Hopefully wont be too long.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jus4fun

KI6PFH - mine
KI6PFG - my son, Lance

We both have handheld Yaesu VX-7Rs, and I have a mobile in my 4runner.

meaks

First Name: Mike
Callsign : VE7YES
Radio : Yaesu FTM-10R in the Xterra & Yaesu VX-8DR HT
Freq usually on: 2m & 70cm

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Wow, FCC works fast after re-opening. Call sign issued yesterday.
My buddy and I that took the test the same day and time were issued consecutive signs.

Me - KG7FYD
he - KG7FYE

But not for long, already submitted my application for my preferred vanity call - K7KCK (1x3 with my initials :))

psykokid

Explorer
You're right, they are cooking right along since they've come back from the shutdown. I took the Technician test last Saturday. My call sign was issued on the 30th. I hadnt bothered to check until today :)

Jake - KK6HMF

I picked up a UV5R to get my feet wet. Been listening to a few of the local repeaters and police dispatches till I got my call sign. My only gripe is whomever entered my info into the ULS system didnt use spaces on my address and had it all messed up:

address_snafu.jpg

Had to login and correct the info, should have been E Las Tunas Dr #A

Expedition Leader
My call sign was issued on the 30th. I hadnt bothered to check until today :)

Jake - KK6HMF

Congratulations on your ticket!

My only gripe is whomever entered my info into the ULS system didnt use spaces on my address and had it all messed up:

Low-paid government clerks/keyboard-entry folks. Guess who is going to be taking care of all your medical records now? :Wow1:

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Fcc processed my vanity call a few days earlier than expected. I'm now K7KCK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robert Bills

Explorer
Call Sign: KG6LMV
License Class: Technician (since 2002, maybe someday I'll crack the books and go to the next level)
Radios: Yaesu FT-90R 5/25/50 watt 2m/70 cm transceiver (perhaps to be replaced with a new Yaesu FT-8800 2m/70cm); Baofeng UV5R 5 watt 2m/70cm/FRS/GMRS HT*

* Caveat and Disclaimer: It is NOT legal in the U.S. to transmit on FRS/GMRS frequencies with a ham radio or with an FRS/GMRS transceiver equipped with an external antenna, nor is it legal to transmit on FRS frequencies with more than 0.5 watts of power or on GMRS frequencies with more than 5 watts of power. The Baofeng unit allows for easy monitoring of ham frequencies and FRS/GMRS frequencies typically used by offroaders, but should never be used to transmit on FRS/GMRS frequencies. I, of course, would never dream of doing so. ;)

Kestrel

Kestrel
Mike
KC8VSE
Mobile: TM-D700, DR-620, TS-480SAT
Central Texas, with an eye on Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12