Hannibal Gear on 2010 Tacoma TRD

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Here are some pics of our 2010 TRD that we've been building up for expedition travel. Some cool goodies:

*Hannibal Roof Rack

*Prototype Aluminum Tent Rack (we'd like to start manufacturing these. Please contact me if you're interested)

*Prototype Aluminum Gear Decks/Camp Tables. These mount to the bottom of the tent rack, and convert into heavy-duty camp tables (we'd like to start manufacturing these as well. Please contact if interested).

*Hannibal 1.6M Roof Top Tent

*Hannibal 1.4M Awning (this awning is actually the rear awning for a D90, but fits perfectly on the side of the Tacoma rack). Had this awning open all day Saturday at the lake. We had a steady 35 MPH wind, with gusts of 45 MPH, and the awning didn't budge (the fabric didn't even flutter). Awesome piece of equipment.

*CBI Front & Rear Bumpers (with gas can, spare tire and Hi Lift mounts)

*CBI Sliders

*Superwinch EPi9SR Winch with 3/8" x 80' Synthetic Winchline

Next up: beef up the suspension, so I'm not low-riding with all the extra weight!!!

IMG_3167.JPG

Camp Tables.JPG

Hannibal_05 19 10_0134.jpg

Nice, looks great. Im interested in the roof rack. How is it mounted? Thule/yakima or bolted too the roof? Definitely looks weighted down, time to give OME a call.

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Nice, looks great. Im interested in the roof rack. How is it mounted? Thule/yakima or bolted too the roof? Definitely looks weighted down, time to give OME a call.

The rack comes with an aluminum rail that is bolted to the roof. The mounting uprights then slides into channels in this rail and are tightened down into place. The bed of the rack is then bolted onto these uprights. It's bomb-proof. Here are some up-close pics of the mounting system.

Hannibal_05 19 10_0131.jpg

Hannibal_05 19 10_0132.jpg

Tim A

Adventurer
Very cool. Can you share more pics of the tent rack?

That will be one mean Tacoma when it's finished.

WASURF63

Adventurer
Dan,

Nice to see that Hannibal products are back in the USA and should be easier to obtain than in the past.
BTW great looking rig! Re: suspension beef up, my .02, OME all around.:)

I can speak from personal experience in saying that the Hannibal Awning is a superior product. We ran the same 1.4 rear mounted awning on two of our past rigs, a '00 Tundra and a '08 Tacoma (pictured below) in every foul weather condition that the PacNW could dish out, and it never failed us once. If I could've mounted one of these to my AT Flippac I probably would have, but they are definately a rack mounted awning.

Anyone that owns one of these knows they are worth their weight in gold, rain or shine!

Cheers,

Walt Bagnall

Attachments

• MM100_0886.JPG
    MM100_0886.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 157
  • MM100_0881.JPG
    MM100_0881.JPG
    482.9 KB · Views: 168
  • SS100_1551.JPG
    SS100_1551.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 164
  • SS100_1757.JPG
    SS100_1757.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 171
  • SS100_1850.JPG
    SS100_1850.JPG
    435.4 KB · Views: 130
  • SS100_2864.JPG
    SS100_2864.JPG
    474.2 KB · Views: 119
  • SS100_2807.JPG
    SS100_2807.JPG
    514.5 KB · Views: 136
  • SS100_2599.JPG
    SS100_2599.JPG
    519.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

mr.trd

Adventurer
Looks good Dan! :wings: Love the rack up top! Did you get my message and email about the suspension? We had a email malfunction when we upgraded to Quickbooks 2010 and lost alot and have been finding out that alot never got sent. Hence the reason for the phone call. Completely understand if you have taken care of the suspension issue on your own. Cheers. If you are heading west over Memorial Day weekend, let me know. I am heading east to Laramie, Wyoming.

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Very cool. Can you share more pics of the tent rack?

That will be one mean Tacoma when it's finished.

Hey Tim-

Thanks for the note. I don't have any other pics of the tent rack that don't look exactly like the ones I posted! We're working on version 2 right now. When we get that done, I'll get some photos of it without a tent on it.

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Dan,

Nice to see that Hannibal products are back in the USA and should be easier to obtain than in the past.
BTW great looking rig! Re: suspension beef up, my .02, OME all around.:)

I can speak from personal experience in saying that the Hannibal Awning is a superior product. We ran the same 1.4 rear mounted awning on two of our past rigs, a '00 Tundra and a '08 Tacoma (pictured below) in every foul weather condition that the PacNW could dish out, and it never failed us once. If I could've mounted one of these to my AT Flippac I probably would have, but they are definately a rack mounted awning.

Anyone that owns one of these knows they are worth their weight in gold, rain or shine!

Cheers,

Walt Bagnall

Yup...those awnings are awesome. The fabric of mine was fitting a little tight, so I went out and doused it with a hose for 30 minutes and couldn't get the damn thing wet! Nice looking setup, by the way. Now that the worst tick season on record is winding down, we're looking forward to getting back out (went camping a few weeks ago, and spent the next day picking 90 ticks of my dogs, and 6 off of me...that's WITH Frontline on the dogs!).

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
Looks good Dan! :wings: Love the rack up top! Did you get my message and email about the suspension? We had a email malfunction when we upgraded to Quickbooks 2010 and lost alot and have been finding out that alot never got sent. Hence the reason for the phone call. Completely understand if you have taken care of the suspension issue on your own. Cheers. If you are heading west over Memorial Day weekend, let me know. I am heading east to Laramie, Wyoming.

Hey Brant-

Wish we would have known about your trip to Laramie a little earlier...definitely would have made the trip out there. Got other plans for the weekend now.

Got your phone message about suspension stuff. Will be pulling the trigger on that--just need to recover a bit after all the $$ we've plunked into the Taco! Thanks for all your help! Great stuff!

Tim A

Adventurer
Hey Tim-

Thanks for the note. I don't have any other pics of the tent rack that don't look exactly like the ones I posted! We're working on version 2 right now. When we get that done, I'll get some photos of it without a tent on it.

Thanks Dan, no rush. To my knowledge, there are no commercially available over-bed expedition racks for the 2nd Gen Tacomas....hence my excitement! :Wow1:

Jason'sLawnCare

Viva Baja
I love your Tacoma. A pic of your truck is what pretty much sold me on cbi. Any more pics of your truck? How about any of the tent rack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears