Happy Valentines to me!

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Last Saturday (between cooking breakfast for the family and taking the mrs out to dinner, I spent part of the afternoon lurking on a thread regarding Edgestar freezers. Seems there was a deal to be had for 42 quart open box units with compact appliance and an additional special discount for Valentines (and someone even pointed out there was more to be saved by using MSN living direct . . .) So I get hooked and fire off an order. Sunday morning I'm thinking about my purchase - not so much buyers remorse as much as recalculating the math on this purchase. I figured if I'm in for around $500 (purchased extended warranty also), how much more is the 63 quart? Geez, only $100 bucks! For one-third more space. So not wanting to place another order until I could confirm the first as actually being cancelled, I waited until Monday (yesterday) to cancel / reorder. Imagine my surprize when I came home this evening and waiting for me at the front door was my new freezer :wings:

So out with "Red" (old)
IMG_0087.jpg

And in with "Grey" (new)
IMG_0177.jpg

The dimensions of the Edgestar required a platform for the base of the OEM rack (off to Lowe's for some birch ply) and rewiring of the Edgestar 12V plug to fit the SA version (had one from a broken lamp) and I am now ready to go. :chef:

Ye-ha! Can't think of a better way to spend a buck these days.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Are you saying you only paid $100 for that?
I am confused!

My Engel, while both a fridge on one side and freezer on the other ... at $100 over cost was $900.00!!

D

WFTW

Adventurer
Are you saying you only paid $100 for that?
I am confused!

My Engel, while both a fridge on one side and freezer on the other ... at $100 over cost was $900.00!!

D

He's saying it was only $100 more to upgrade from the previous size he initially ordered.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
He's saying it was only $100 more to upgrade from the previous size he initially ordered.

Correct. $375 for the FP430 (not an open box sale) & $495 for the FP630. From a totally frivolous perspective it was ~$8.75 @ quart for the smaller unit and ~$7.80 a quart for the larger model. Silly but I figured I wasn't going to be buying this repeatedly.

red_5

Adventurer
How's that fridge doing?

With the 100+ degree heat around here, a fridge is almost mandatory for any outing longer than overnight. The Edgestar looks like a pretty good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan