Hard mattress

MOAK

Adventurer
I’ve searched hi and low for an answer about the hardness of our mattress. It is rock hard, even in hot weather. Our kids have a memory foam mattress that is way too squishy so replacing ours is not the answer. Anyone have real world success softening things up ? Thanks for your informed replies!!??

krick3tt

Adventurer
A little more information is needed.
How big a mattress are you talking about and in what situation, home ,camping? I have a self inflating pad from REI that I use for camping that can be adjusted with more or less air to achieve the firmness I desire.
I have a 3 inch mattress topper at my home that is perfect for my needs.

Errant

Explorer
How about adding a memory foam topper? I did that in my RTT and it's perfect. I think mine was called a 3" topper, and easily fits inside the zippered cover with the original mattress.

highwest

Well, I like a firm mattress. But they have many options if you want to upgrade. I'm using a custom cut 3" thick LUX-HQ conventional Density 2.8LB Firmness 50LB from http://www.thefoamfactory.com
These guys’ service is awesome, I’ve purchased from them a few times. That being said, we recently switched to an Exped MegaMat and couldn’t be happier.

Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998