HardBody???

snoxxy

Where are they all at ???

I love the way they look, and only saw one in the nissan pic thread..
are they not fit for this type of use??

snoxxy

I mean I have a 91 Toyota .. and love it, and would keep it if it were extended cab... cause being 6'3" tall in a single cab sucks the big one!!! and I see quite a few hardbodies around, I mean ... I see them... but I never see them done up totally sweet...

FettsWay

Adventurer
95 hardbody

4x4 V6 hardbody...not much on mods...trying to get some camping storage built in the camper shell...would like to build a carpet covered storage box in the extended cab also.

Attachments

• IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 221

twofortyfreak

94 King cab 4x4 here

I've had it for about 5 years now, going on 104,000 miles and runs great, super reliable.

Only problem is the many winters worth of road salt are taking its toll on the frame :(

Looking to get a 3rd generation Frontier quad cab some day for some extra towing capacity, power, and overall updated styling.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Great trucks and they will go forever. I wheel with a number of them out here in AZ, and they just go everywhere! A good number of them are SAS'd.

OregonShooter

I have a 95' HB V6-XE 4x4 with 203,000 miles. Aftermarket is there if you look hard enough. Has been reliable overall. Reliable V6 howeber it was never known for great power or fuel economy. 153HP and I get 15/19 running 30/9.5 BFG A/T tires. Factory limited slip rear is great. The Hardbody never got great acceptance like toyota did even though its every bit as reliable and capable as the Toyota pickups of the same era.

canadianjk

This is my old truck, a 97 4cyl with 31 inch bfg mt's. I miss it so much, it was unbeatable as a budget 4x4 for solo camping and touring. blackie.jpg
blackie2.jpg

Last edited:

jingram

Adventurer
I owned several of these in various iterations, both regular and extended cab, 2wd and 4wd. All had the Z24i or the KA24E. All were absolutely phenomenal vehicles. I had one 2wd running through flood waters nearly up to the windows as a stupid kid and am still absolutely amazed that it didn't hydrolock or suffer any other ills. I will always have a special place in my heart for that platform and in my mind it is a shame it never took of like toyotas did. I hear that the frames of the last few years of the generation were really poor quality and suffered from rust issues much more than earlier models. We don't typically have rust problems in Oregon (unless you are on the coast) since we don't salt our roads so I never experienced any of those issues myself.

I remember one story from an old timer mechanic who told me about a Z24 that was ran without any oil for 30 odd minutes before it seized up solid.

They were just absolute beasts, plus I always loved the utilitarian look of them with their "hips" as accents (fender bulges). Ahh... memories! :coffeedrink:

Storz

Explorer
My first job out of college in 04 was doing pipline survey (basically a paid offroading job) and one of our company trucks was an old Nissan hardbody, I was really impressed with that truck, it would go anywhere :)

I learned to drive with an 88 2wd Nissan Hardbody and my second vehicle was a 95 Nissan Hardbody. Fantastic trucks, the only problem was rust issues, but I live in New England so that is expected. No frills trucks, that cut right to the chase. I pushed those trucks through hell and back and they kept on ticking.

nissan.jpg

The second one saved my life too. I know I would have been dead in something else. I was driving back to college on 495 on Long Island late at night when a drunk driver in an F-150 pushed me into the median. I was traveling at about 70mph. Needless to say there was nothing I could do but hold on as the truck got sideways in the deep sand. The tires lost there bead and I went from 70mph to an almost instant dead stop. The truck launched into the air landing on the drivers side corner about 100 feet down the road, where I continue to roll along the median before landing on all four tires. I collected myself and casually crawled out the broken window. The only injures I had were cuts on my hands from the window.

It was the extremely solid build quality that saved my life.

Last edited:

jingram

Adventurer
Funny you mention that Phil. I was in an accident in one where we launched off the side of the road down a pretty steep drop off into a water filled ditch. Totally buckled in the A pillar on the passenger side, doors wouldn't shut... rig was totalled. 60-0 in about 3 seconds or so. We both walked out of that accident fine. What was really amazing was tying off to the radiator core support to pull the fan away from the block. After that, we were able to start her up no problem and drive it to the junk yard 15 miles or so away.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Now here's a Hardbody I'd LOVE to get a rip in...

61370d1211272172-95-nissan-hardbody-pickup-engine-compatibility-budweiser-edit.jpg

Friend in college had an I don't know what year 4x4 Hardbody adn that truck was built quite well. Went everywhere we wanted to go on it's 3ix10.50 "mini mudders" and a 2in body lift...

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

kevin

Observer
I have a 1993 4 cylinder. It has had lots of abuse, and continues to be very reliable.

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 141

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears