Hardsider wedge camper out of Ohio

Hodor

These are catching my attention. Shipped to me for free, the wedge camper is removable which implies possibly a future change to a full pop up? (Hopeful)
They have some good content on their Instagram showing aluminum build outs and fully sealed rear doors.

Proprietary bed system (full size)
Optional gear cubby
Optional build outs
Lighting standard
Hard sided windowed AND canvas wrapped wedge (wow)
Even their prototypes look very well made and promising. No external struts.

Prices appear to be very comparable to the hiatus out of Bellingham @ 15-30k fully kitted (their estimates, not mine)

I appreciate this for several reasons over the other option, what do you all think?

Anybody on here ordered one yet?

Dave in AZ

I couldn't find a single pucture or video of the thing actually open, with views of the sides, or vid of it opening. Browsed for 5 min, clicked everything. I think this is the same manufactured in China, marketed by US insta-companies, that numerous other threads are referencing. Think like 3 or 4 companies are branding and reselling.

fourfa

Observer
Instagram seems to be where they're actually active. From this post it looks like the frame is all bolted extrusion (see fifth photo):

I've looked closely at a bunch of the made-in-china modular campers - to me, everything here looks different and unique. No conclusion possible on engineering quality or durability here (yet)

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
They are for sure making them in house. Cool concept. Hard sides is a great concept but you do lose side entry capabilities and any large window view space. Also looks like you might not be able to leave your bedding up in the skinny folding top.

highwest

That thing looks sweet. I like the “garage” forward and all the access from the outside. Popup would be ideal.

Hodor

I couldn't find a single pucture or video of the thing actually open, with views of the sides, or vid of it opening. Browsed for 5 min, clicked everything. I think this is the same manufactured in China, marketed by US insta-companies, that numerous other threads are referencing. Think like 3 or 4 companies are branding and reselling.
If you scroll their Instagram they have tours of their shop and tooling, extensive footage of their entire product. Maybe look for 6 minutes next time?? 🤣

Hodor

They are for sure making them in house. Cool concept. Hard sides is a great concept but you do lose side entry capabilities and any large window view space. Also looks like you might not be able to leave your bedding up in the skinny folding top.
They say the bedding stays, although their proprietary mattress looks thin it's supported by spring spacers that vent as well as offer additional padding. Looks promising at least

llamalander

R-22 from polyethylene foam? At R-3 per inch... that's 7"+ thick walls? That seems like a stretch, are they using magic foil (refletex--The insulation that isn't lying because it's too thin to measure)?

Otherwise, the huge, bed-sized overhang looks interesting, though the illustration shows someone sleeping sideways to fit. Curious to see one in person, sounds like some pretty cool concepts.

Dave in AZ

If you scroll their Instagram they have tours of their shop and tooling, extensive footage of their entire product. Maybe look for 6 minutes next time?? 🤣
Thx for reply.
Honestly though, if a company doesn't have their info on their webpage, but on Instagram? Automatic NO from me lol.
Only worse if they wanted me to watch TikTok videos to learn about them...

Hodor

Update - today I had an hour long consultation with Noel (owner) and Rabi(sales) and was able to have many of my questions answered.

Things like the tailgate delete full rear door - they're designing a rear man door that will have the ability to open fully like an SUV hatch allowing the ability to load whatever you need into the back. Impressive. While also sealing out dirt and water by way of being a tailgate replacement.

They use a combination of glues and custom designed joints in order to get their stiffness and flexion. I'm not a fan of fully welded off road automotive applications but rivets and screws don't do it either, so this seems like a good idea to me.

'Rack' and 'sleeper' are the designations for the canopy portion and the over cab wedge portion.

The bed is a proprietary design that allows their HVAC system to vent into it, essentially using the sleeping platform as a distribution vent for heating and cooling. Also making the bed platforms the first item to get both the heats and the cools. My wife will be very happy as they have guaranteed me no cold toes.

The HVAC system was not on my radar but with how it has been engineered I may have to splurge for this piece of the kit. (+1300)

Their whole kit is designed to be modular, letting us choose to change, ad, or subtract whatever we want whenever we want. I am all for modularity in every application.

Overall I am impressed with the attention to detail with these guys. They are only going to build 10 of these campers this year and then move into a larger production facility so they can redistribute their resources and come next year ready to deliver. That seems humble to me. Well thought out with a planned execution in order to meet their customer demands and create something meaningful. I am putting my deposit down as #9 this week.

Dave in AZ

Update - today I had an hour long consultation with Noel (owner) and Rabi(sales) and was able to have many of my questions answered.

Things like the tailgate delete full rear door - they're designing a rear man door that will have the ability to open fully like an SUV hatch allowing the ability to load whatever you need into the back. Impressive. While also sealing out dirt and water by way of being a tailgate replacement.

They use a combination of glues and custom designed joints in order to get their stiffness and flexion. I'm not a fan of fully welded off road automotive applications but rivets and screws don't do it either, so this seems like a good idea to me.

'Rack' and 'sleeper' are the designations for the canopy portion and the over cab wedge portion.

The bed is a proprietary design that allows their HVAC system to vent into it, essentially using the sleeping platform as a distribution vent for heating and cooling. Also making the bed platforms the first item to get both the heats and the cools. My wife will be very happy as they have guaranteed me no cold toes.

The HVAC system was not on my radar but with how it has been engineered I may have to splurge for this piece of the kit. (+1300)

Their whole kit is designed to be modular, letting us choose to change, ad, or subtract whatever we want whenever we want. I am all for modularity in every application.

Overall I am impressed with the attention to detail with these guys. They are only going to build 10 of these campers this year and then move into a larger production facility so they can redistribute their resources and come next year ready to deliver. That seems humble to me. Well thought out with a planned execution in order to meet their customer demands and create something meaningful. I am putting my deposit down as #9 this week.
I looked again, they did update their webpage a lot and have some decent info. Nothing on pricing though, and they say build fall23 for spring 24 delivery, so what Hodor said above, maybe they are oushed back a year now?

A lot of good sounding things, for sure. I'd like to know more. I sure wish someone making a wedge would make the front open up like 1 ft at least, this hard side looks like the best option for that. Would give you a lot more usable foot space, still get the angled top which is nice for solar and rain etc.

I'd like to know more. Already have a Tune M1, but this looks decent.

hodor, can you tell what price they gave, 15 to 30k is a big window... thx

You said HVAC... do you mean a heater? What system are they using, I KNOW some new camper company didn't engineer a new mobile hvac. There are only so many out there. I haven't seen anything hvac but the woefully underpowered wave, for truck campers. Interested to k ow what they are using, for $1300. Propex and Truma are 2x that for just the propa e heater...

Last edited:

Hodor

I looked again, they did update their webpage a lot and have some decent info. Nothing on pricing though, and they say build fall23 for spring 24 delivery, so what Hodor said above, maybe they are oushed back a year now?

A lot of good sounding things, for sure. I'd like to know more. I sure wish someone making a wedge would make the front open up like 1 ft at least, this hard side looks like the best option for that. Would give you a lot more usable foot space, still get the angled top which is nice for solar and rain etc.

I'd like to know more. Already have a Tune M1, but this looks decent.

hodor, can you tell what price they gave, 15 to 30k is a big window... thx

You said HVAC... do you mean a heater? What system are they using, I KNOW some new camper company didn't engineer a new mobile hvac. There are only so many out there. I haven't seen anything hvac but the woefully underpowered wave, for truck campers. Interested to k ow what they are using, for $1300. Propex and Truma are 2x that for just the propa e heater...
Dave,

They are employing the ecoflow wave which I was told by them is underpowered outside of standard temps say 40-80⁰f.
The base model starts at 15k and installed at their shop in Ohio. They sent me a pricing sheet for inner benches, partitions, shelving, lighting, electrical installs etc and If you choose every option you can easily shoot to 25+k. The 5kw ecoflow inverter, cooler, battery bank, solar panels etc all installed is like 7k all in by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior