Has anyone built a 2wd rig?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yep. Here in the south, 4wd trucks are more rare and about twice as much as their 2wd counterparts.
My 2wd rig will be capable enough to get me to base camp, from where a dirt bike (on a hitch carrier) will take me up and down trails. Sleeping in a 8' box with shell is prime compared to a tent. I'm a tent hater :)

In the south 2wd is more rare now, unless you count base model white work trucks, or 20 year old trucks. Anything newer is much more likely to be 4wd.

CowFish

In the south 2wd is more rare now, unless you count base model white work trucks, or 20 year old trucks. Anything newer is much more likely to be 4wd.

True, I was actually talking about older trucks, like the 10th gen F150 (97-03). 4wd versions go for about twice the money as their 2wd counterparts here in SC.
On the other hand, I used to live in Southern CA and many, many desert folk run built 2wds to play around on hard packed desert floor as well as sandy washes. In that kind of terrain, and going fast offroad, 2wd is great.
But here on the East Coast (anywhere NOT in the desert) it seems like you need 4wd to go offroading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman