Has anyone removed the control panel from a National Luna DC25 or 40 Powerpack?

dstefan

I’ve had one of these for 3 years, and it’s been great. For various reasons, I need to relocate it in my camper with the battery separate from the Powerpack. National Luna sells the exact same front control panel as a separate item for remote use, but with mounting flanges.

The front control panel sure looks removable from my box, but not entirely obvious how to detach it, so before I go mucking about in there I just wondered if anyone else had done this?

I have a message into NL’s tech support and if no one else has the skinny on this, will post what they say and/or what I learn.

Edit: I certainly know that I’ll need to rewire the cabling with the appropriate gauge, secure the battery etc, etc.

ThePartyWagon

I work for Equipt Expedition Outfitters, we're the North American distributor for NL. You won't likely get a response from NL as they usually send them to us. Haven't seen your message forwarded to us yet.

You can remove the front panel with no major headaches. There are some bolts or studs that need to be accessed by removing the outlet panel from the face of the box.

You will need to pull the wiring through the wiring glands which might mean removing the ring terminals from the battery cables and possibly the battery temp sensor.

Like you said, there will not be a mounting plate which also covers the open top panel of the distribution panel. You will see down into/behind the face of the distribution panel.

Otherwise, these are essentially the same as the distribution panels we sell.

Email us if you have any specific questions.

Sales@equipt1.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior