Have a nice M101a3 now to get ideas for the build

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Well I have purchased the M101a3 trailer from the ad herein expo portal, has a May 2004 build date and is in perfect shape. I towed it from Oklahoma City to my humble abode in the Ozello Keys, Florida it towed great and the surge brakes are wonderful too.

Wheels are 8 bolt HUMVEE w/bias ply 36" tires and run-flats all in excellent shape.

I'll install a military vehicle plug on my Suburban to use the existing trailer harness, change out 24v bulbs to 12v.

Beware, I'll be stealing ideas from builds posted herein.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Will you be matching the Burb? Paint wheels what extras are planned?
Let's star the build!

Hello Mark, I've followed your build and must say its awesome!

As for my build, I like the OD color being in the tropics/sub tropics etc.

My Burb is flat black since 2002 I hated the scratches showing up on the nice graphite grey metallic & clear coat the truck had been built with so I don't even give scratches and dents a second look now. Wheels are painted I have two (2) sets, one factory steel and the other ALCOA forged. Tires will be slightly smaller in diameter in either Goodyear MTR, silent armor or BF Goodrich Baja in 35" I don't want to lift the suspension and the 35" will fit w/cutouts, however, I haven't decided if I really want to cut fender wells. When I decide on a tire for Burb then I must adjust the draw bar and pintle to level trailer behind burb.

It will be fun.

crossbowme

Rebuilt M101A3

Some guy outside Fort Hood bought a bunch of these and modified them for civilian use. Mine has the top shown plus a tonneau. They all had Hummer wheels. I'm taking mine to Prudhoe Bay this summer.

Attachments

• m109 trailer.jpg
    m109 trailer.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 249

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Smart with the slanted front cover, Those trailers are like a drag chute going down the road.
Cool!

Last edited:

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Smart with the slanted front cover, Those trailers are like a drag shute goung doen the road.
Cool!

I'll be seeing if I can get reading via my OBD2 data device controller of vehicle load driving with trailer w/cover then again after application of air tabs to back of Burb.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
My tow vehicle and trailer

I've just received the military tow vehicle to trailer socket for the Burb will be installing it on a 30 amp circuit w/battery charging capability, etc.......

My wish list for items I'd like for the trailer is almost done. I've had two component paint mixed for trailer touch up.

1999 k2500 Burb 012.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998