Heater and AC vent ideas?

I'm looking for heater tube and AC vent tube ideas. What works for your off road trailer or truck camper/ topper? I have an AT habitat and could easily put the vent tube through the tent area but would like a fixed vent that fits either a 3 or 4 inch dryer vent tube to mount in the lower topper area. I currently use a 4 inch but could easily switch it down to 3 inch tube. It would be nice if the vent also had the ability to lock.

I really like that idea also. I thought I saw one that had a removable cover but can't remember what brand. Any other thoughts or ideas? Post them up or show what you have on your set up.

I finally got around to working on the camper topper. I installed a Noco shore power line and figured out a AC vent and heater solution that won't be permanent. Since it's a habitat I could have gone out a tent window but I wanted it to come in the hard shell area. This will be my rainy day project. Still need to cut the left side to fit the window curve better, then maybe some weather strip. I have high heat silicone for the vent and black paint, to make it blend in better. The nice thing is the starboard plastic fits in the screen slide section of the topper. After this I'll get into the electrical and work on the carpet sides. 80/20 is ordered for some build out in the truck bed area. In between fence work and goat pens, I should get it done.

PXL_20230621_145842474.jpgPXL_20230514_194956494.jpg
PXL_20230621_151323785.jpg

Spencer for Hire

I finally got around to working on the camper topper. I installed a Noco shore power line and figured out a AC vent and heater solution that won't be permanent. Since it's a habitat I could have gone out a tent window but I wanted it to come in the hard shell area. This will be my rainy day project. Still need to cut the left side to fit the window curve better, then maybe some weather strip. I have high heat silicone for the vent and black paint, to make it blend in better. The nice thing is the starboard plastic fits in the screen slide section of the topper. After this I'll get into the electrical and work on the carpet sides. 80/20 is ordered for some build out in the truck bed area. In between fence work and goat pens, I should get it done.

View attachment 784051View attachment 784050
View attachment 784052
Nice work! What ac and heat solution/products are you using?

Nice work! What ac and heat solution/products are you using?
Thanks... I'm using a 5kw diesel heater the cheap vervo brand I think it is. I have two AC units one is a window unit I used for my RTT but for the topper I'm going to try my stand up black and decker portable,it uses a 5 in vent so it will hook on inside. The stand up unit doesn't take up that much space, surprised. The vent I'm using is graduated down to 4 inch on the outside so I can plug my diesel heater hose in. The starboard has a little flex so I can remove it when not needed. We'll see how it works, hopefully be trying out the AC soon.

Spencer for Hire

Thanks... I'm using a 5kw diesel heater the cheap vervo brand I think it is. I have two AC units one is a window unit I used for my RTT but for the topper I'm going to try my stand up black and decker portable,it uses a 5 in vent so it will hook on inside. The stand up unit doesn't take up that much space, surprised. The vent I'm using is graduated down to 4 inch on the outside so I can plug my diesel heater hose in. The starboard has a little flex so I can remove it when not needed. We'll see how it works, hopefully be trying out the AC soon.
Thank you. Do you have any plans for an off grid ac with solar and batteries? I have been looking for a solution that won't go on the roof.

I usually do local state parks in the summer that's why I installed the Noco power. I do have an ecoflow Delta pro that I could take if I needed to be off grid however I'd rather not take that extra wt. Ecoflow does have a sweet AC that also works as a heater with the second gen model and lithium power. It would be ideal but I already have the other units and judging by the price they are proud of it. Maybe someday.

Spencer for Hire

I usually do local state parks in the summer that's why I installed the Noco power. I do have an ecoflow Delta pro that I could take if I needed to be off grid however I'd rather not take that extra wt. Ecoflow does have a sweet AC that also works as a heater with the second gen model and lithium power. It would be ideal but I already have the other units and judging by the price they are proud of it. Maybe someday.
Thank you. The eco flow only works with their proprietary battery, correct?

I'm looking for heater tube and AC vent tube ideas. What works for your off road trailer or truck camper/ topper? I have an AT habitat and could easily put the vent tube through the tent area but would like a fixed vent that fits either a 3 or 4 inch dryer vent tube to mount in the lower topper area. I currently use a 4 inch but could easily switch it down to 3 inch tube. It would be nice if the vent also had the ability to lock.

I got a chance to run the diesel heater in this tent and wow ..it was great. Except for my last trip I only had 1/2gallon of fuel and ran out at 5am and 34 degrees. I ran it a little higher than previous trip, so I burned more fuel. Lesson learned, always start with a full tank.
I'll attach a link to a walk around of the tent if anyone is interested...

Attachments

• PXL_20231222_234339661.jpg
    PXL_20231222_234339661.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20231222_234244822.jpg
    PXL_20231222_234244822.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member