Heavy Duty Drawer Slides

Applejack

Explorer
I want to make a slide out table in to back of my 4Runner for dining at camp. It will be similar to the sliding cargo deck on the new 4runners but less elaborate.
I would like it to be able to safely handle 80-100lbs fully extended. Where or who do I get some heavy duty drawer slides from?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Yukonrob and nctacoma beat me to it - I was going to suggest you copy roadtripcrazed's steel tubing and roller bearings solution, it's genius and cost effective.

My current cargo buildout is based on plastic bins for simplicity, but I'm giving up a lot of space in the corners. When I've had some time to breathe and am caught up on the rest of the to-do list, I plan to re-build the storage using drawers to maximize the space, and I will DEFINITELY be using those as hinges.

Hawkeye

Observer
The only draw back to that kind of drawer (Yukonrob and nctacoma) set up is that do not have full extention on the drawers.

nctacoma

Observer
The only draw back to that kind of drawer (Yukonrob and nctacoma) set up is that do not have full extention on the drawers.

Yes, This is true, I have a stop built in that stops the drawer 3" from the end of the drawer slide. I can still easily get to things at the end of the drawer though. I never thought of this to be an inconvenience, but I guess in some circumstances it could be.

Hawkeye

Observer
Yes, This is true, I have a stop built in that stops the drawer 3" from the end of the drawer slide. I can still easily get to things at the end of the drawer though. I never thought of this to be an inconvenience, but I guess in some circumstances it could be.

Wow all you have to leave is 3"? I would have thought it to be more. In that case there is realy no down side. I have been working on a slide project like this and I was giving about 10" to make sure I did'nt over levarage the end of the rail with a loaded drawer.

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
My Drawers are rated for 300kg each (661lbs) but I'm not sure the manufacturer, I can do some digging and see if there is a part number stamped someplace in the rails.

attachment.php

-Trev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman