Heavy duty rear spring hangers for FG

yabanja

Explorer
I understand that one of the popular modifications involves replacement of the rear spring hangers with heavy duty units for a dump truck. Does anyone know the Mitsubishi part numbers for these? I have a 2000 model.

Thank you!

Allan

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I understand that one of the popular modifications involves replacement of the rear spring hangers with heavy duty units for a dump truck. Does anyone know the Mitsubishi part numbers for these? I have a 2000 model.

Thank you!

Allan

That's a new one on me. Of all the things I've broken, spring hangers have not been it.

Interested on what the more learned members have to say!

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018

Thank you!

Allan

Hi Allan,

I made mention in a post years ago about this mod but I wouldn't go so far as to say that was a popular mod. The hangers on the FGs are very strong and hardly likely to ever fail. Maybe the thread was called " FG Fleet Mechanic" .......man, that was a long time ago.

They made of pressed and welded plate steel. The earlier 2wd FEs have cast steel rear hangers. Some of the guys who run continually on the beach replace the original rear hangers with the cast ones because they last longer in the corrosive environment......... We are talking severe rust here. If I remember correctly I also stressed in that original thread that the particular environment that those guys run is the epitomy of extreme and that for 99.9% of serious travellers, the original hangers are more than adequate.

Regards
John

yabanja

Explorer
Hi Allan,

I made mention in a post years ago about this mod but I wouldn't go so far as to say that was a popular mod. The hangers on the FGs are very strong and hardly likely to ever fail. Maybe the thread was called " FG Fleet Mechanic" .......man, that was a long time ago.

They made of pressed and welded plate steel. The earlier 2wd FEs have cast steel rear hangers. Some of the guys who run continually on the beach replace the original rear hangers with the cast ones because they last longer in the corrosive environment......... We are talking severe rust here. If I remember correctly I also stressed in that original thread that the particular environment that those guys run is the epitomy of extreme and that for 99.9% of serious travellers, the original hangers are more than adequate.

Regards
John

That is exactly where I read it! Thank you so much for the article then, and your rapid response now. I will tick this off on my list as unnecessary.

Take care!

Allan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman