heavy truck suspension setup questions

3sd

hi there,
i have recently bought an iveco cargo 4x4 ex military truck to convert to an expedition camper.
one of the many things i need to do to it is sort out the suspension which at the moment it is a bit old and sad, it will bottom out on the smallest of bumps on the front end. now obviously i need to sort out the leaf springs but ive been trying to work out what the dakar trucks are using, this must surely be the best a man can get.
so what ive come up with so far is reiger shocks @ 1700euros each!! a bit over the top i feel for a camper.
and what about air bag helper springs? and maybe a couple of oem style shocks on each corner?
any help and advice would be much appreciated, what are you guys running on your atego's and MAN type trucks?

DzlToy

Explorer
Dakar type trucks are tuned to take high speeds and punishing treatment for hours and days on end. Hardly the setup you want for an expedition vehicle. Reiger shocks are high quality pieces, but way overkill for your application.

I would find someone in your area who knows large truck suspension. You need to know the total weight you will be carrying (minimum to maximum) speeds you will be travelling and type of terrain you will travel over. A two wheel drive family sedan can navigate a groomed dirt road at slow speeds with no problems even though the suspension is not really set up for dirt roads, so it all comes down to what type of travelling you are going to be doing.

There is a thread on here called the Fuso comfort thread or something like that in the title, that may help you some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior