Hello everyone

XJtoFJ

New to this forum. I'm thinking about getting two light force 240 lights and mounting them on the front bumper. My grandfather who is an old diesel mechanic says that with lights this large mounted directly in front of the radiator I will severely affecting the cooling abilities of the rad. What do you guys think?
Here is a few shots of my fj!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My old XJ...how i miss her so..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Since I took these pics I had to return the rtt. I also have done a couple new mods ill post some new pics up soon.

Pikeman

Adventurer
I agree with your grandfather. Putting two 9.5" lights in front of your grill will greatly reduce cooling efficiency and air flow. I would suggest going down to the 170 @ 7" it will allow more air past and the light output is very nice from this particular model.

Last edited:

XJtoFJ

stolenheron: I'm in Delray Beach
pikeman: Ive seen a ton of serious expo rigs with 240's in-front of the radiator and its not like the fj is prone to overheating.

Pikeman

Adventurer
You asked for an opinion and I gave mine. The FJ has a small grill opening and one of the reasons I mentioned to get the next size smaller.

silvElise

Adventurer
New member here aswell.... Great FJ! I gree about the lights they may be a bit over kill for th cooling system.

targa88

Explorer
Personal run 170s upfront = more than adequate
FJCWedgeOutllook.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger