Hello from the UK

CavemanDrew

I have just registered on here and wish to say hello.

I recently bought a 1996 Discovery 300Tdi Commercial Automatic with 315,000 miles and it drives like its done less than 100,000 miles. It had a recon engine but still on original box. Bought from a farmer so it was a little dirty. The only issue is the aluminium skin on the rear door is peeling away from the rest of the door frame. So this will have to repaired or the door replaced.

It has numerous modifications 4" lift kit, dislocation cones, suspension and steering mods, 33X12.50 GT Adventuro tyres (inc spare), HD winch front bumper, front light bar etc and have bought a new CB radio which needs fitting together with a GPS tracker (should it ever get stolen - hopefully not).

There are numerous bits i want to buy but where do i stop?? I would love to take it on a expedition but its planning and cost.

Disco 004.jpg

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Welcome! Looks like a pretty well equipped truck already. I guess further modifications would depend on where and how far your destination is. For general offroading on the weekends you are good now.

David

Snagger

Explorer
Hi Drew.

Nice looking Disco. I have a 300Tdi RRC, with manual box. With 200,000 miles, it's still going well, but I have taken it off the road for a rebuild and the engine is going to Turner Engineering for a full rebuild and gas flowed head. They're brilliant engines.

If you want to go on a good foreign trip, with little planning or prep and plenty of care taken for you, then speak to Atlas Overland - I did their 2008 Alps trip and the family had a great time. Not cheap, but it does take care of all the planning and navigation, checking of international regulations and laws, and being in a convoy gives great reassurance if anything goes wrong while providing a great social element. We still speak to the others from our trip and hope to do another with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78