Hello, ... my name is Dendy ... AND I HAVE AN ADDICTION!!

Wander

Expedition Leader
Hey, I know that area-right between Briley and Donaldson Pike- if you come home to someone taking a keen interest in your DI don't be alarmed, I'm just in town again and am stealing ideas for mine:elkgrin:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, I know that area-right between Briley and Donaldson Pike- if you come home to someone taking a keen interest in your DI don't be alarmed, I'm just in town again and am stealing ideas for mine:elkgrin:

As long as your simply stealing ideas! :Wow1:

Always welcome to stop by- just give me a jingle.

D

RabidRover

Observer
Nice addiction ... I hope to see you at the intervention. Do you think you will add another LR3 to the stable in the future?

pattro

Observer
addict - someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance; abrupt deprivation of the substance produces withdrawal symptoms..... Yup I think most of us here are addicts, but it's hard not to when you get sense of adventure and in your case have the lineup you do.

PKG P38

Observer
beautiful collection!

and ALL white? impressive -- i dont think i can say i've seen that many white rovers in one spot.

my buddy bought one, and now i had to have one and i'd be lying to say that either of us could bear to turn down a 3rd if one came up. there's just something about the disco and the RR that is addicting that makes you want more :)

bcrez

Adventurer
Dear lord... Want to go cruise sometime? Can I borrow a truck? Muahahaha. I like the collection.

aka rover

Adventurer
Others call it an addiction and that has a cure and a group you can join, while a passion has a group you belong to :wings: .

Dont be confused as the two are not the same.

Cheers Ed

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I'll update the DII in a couple of weeks. I took a new job (well, was recruited) and it has consumed a lot of my "play" time lately, but hey, I saw it as more money for more rovers! :victory:

D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Some of you may have seen my posts in the for sale section.
I had an epiphany this past weekend while trying to navigate through a sea of Land Rover parts in the basement. And while overwhelmed at the projects that I wanted to accomplish on each of my trucks.

The "come to Jesus" moment was when my wife tried to come into the basement with me - and she was aghast at the amount of schtuff I had acquired.

After the very serious discussion we realized that I love these trucks because of the adventure they represent, however, I had become so consumed with the trucks, and outfitting them, and admiring them, ... that I forgot about the adventure!

So, then the hard part- draw a line down the paper and divide it in half. On the one side list the good things on the other the things that won't last.
In the end, she has grown attached to the LR3. She wants to keep it. I even offered to have the decals replicated and stored in a tube, and to remove the ones on the truck ... she said, nah, ... I kinda have gotten used to them.
So it was decided that the DII (which had since had a new motor placed in it under warranty) would go. Listed it two days ago, and it sold day two!

I then had to focus on what I wanted to keep. My wife's analogy - (her words) "I know you admire other women, ... but you can only be married to one!"— "after all - you are only one man - with four trucks!"
There is a guy in our local club that has pestered me for two years to sell him the Classic, and while the Classic Range Rover was the reason I got hooked on Land Rovers (I was a Jeep guy prior), I had come to realize that I hopped in the 95 Disco 5 speed anytime I went for a drive! It is just so nimble, and agile on the road. I love the "green house" effect of all the windows and visibility, and with kids, the SE7, so I called the guy, ... and the Classic left today :(

There was, however a sense of relief. I can now focus on completely finishing all the tweaks I want to do to the DI and the trailer. The G4 is just about as good as it gets.
Now, we plan to get out more- Spend some of the resources I was bleeding on trucks towards adventures.

It may take me a while to get over the grief, however. :smiley_drive:

Right decisions are hard. In the end - do the right thing!
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179