Hello new to the Expo

LongbowMick

I have been meaning to join up for awhile now. I have been driving 4x4s for 25yrs now, the 1st was a '76 wagoneer, then a '75 cj-5, '74 Jeep j-10, '82 fj-40, '67 jeepster, '95 wrangler, '98 cherokee, '96 suburban.

The most memorable was the Landcruiser, I set it up for expo, a buddy in the Army had to have it so he could drive it from Ft. Bragg to Panama, he made it the whole way with no breakdowns.

I am getting rid of the sub and I want to pick up a truck, I look at a '94 ext cab longbed, 4x4 5spd, 2.4 4cyl 178k mi., Sat. Anything I should look out for?
I plan to use this as a expo truck, I will want a rack and a shell.
What size max tires?, mpg can I expect?

Thanks, for all the replies.

Explorer
I myself would splurge for the 2001-2004 model

The 2.7 4cyl is an awesome motor

The IFS is better with 01-04

The aftermarket support is greater.

The biggest tire you would likely run would be 33" x 10.5 or a 255/85/16

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Welcome!!! Sounds like a great start for an Expo truck. Just go Toyota and you'll be happy ;)

The IFS is better with 01-04

The old T-bar IFS may not be as plush... but it's alot stronger/more resiliant ;) Add a rear sub-frame brace and it's heaps above the coiler. Plus the frames on the older (Pre-Taco) trucks are stronger IIRC... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 01-04 Double Cab Taco's (Oh to have a 3.4 5spd with Gear-driven T-case...), but the old Trucks are (aside from body rust issues...wich I don't have here in the salt free NW) alot stronger/simpler machines IMO.

Cheers

Dave

LongbowMick

I picked up the '94 pu.
I drove it the 2hrs back home, no issues 20mpg with a dirty air filter.
It has some surface rust on the bed, and a few minor things such as driver door lock broke, oil pressure guage doesn't work- have to get that fixed or install a different guage, and a missing stud on the ex manifold-it looks like it must have backed out, the threads are still there.

The ac and the heater work, I'm glad for the heat, it has been around 10f during the day.

31x10.5 on those fan type wheels, 22re and 5sp ex-cab, long bed.

I'm pretty happy with it!

Mamontof

Explorer
Hello , i do not know if you can afford but that will be my dream base Car
FordRaptor2.jpg

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/?searchid=426441|28121033|205363816

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaMTZRadial simple install new tires and go adventure :smiley_drive:

LongbowMick

The wire is off the oil press sensor and there is a splice on the black wire to a green one and the yellow black is spliced to another green and is open.

I thought the y/b should go to the sensor, trace time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears