Helmets make a great pillow

No joke.

Went to a bachelor party last night for a bud. Rode my bike 2hrs there and back and DD'd his ride we carted everyone around in during the festivities.

So I left his place at 0400ish this morning and headed home. I was tired as all heck and about 1/2 way into my ride I had to pull over and take a nap.

Parked the bike, dismounted, and layed down in the grass right next to it. My gear kept me nice and toasty and the inside of my helmet served as a fantastic pillow. Felt like i slept for hours, but my SPOT makes it look like I didn't even stop.

Got home at 0630 this morning and pounded out an hour of sleep!! :coffee:

So, my tip is this- If you get too tired to ride, your riding armor jacket/pants/gloves/boots will keep you just as toasty warm on a cool night as pulling out your sleeping bag. I say just find a soft grassy area, lay down for a bit with your eyes closed, and head on down the road again...

Marker 18 was my nappy-bye spot...
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=07fFKYsnacNaDn25TFPSj8bIlR7R9KXi9

UHAULER

Explorer
About 5 yrs. ago I had to spend 12 hours in the sierras in late October after running out of daylight and nearly running out of gas. The helmet makes a good pillow, unfortunatly the riding gear on the ground didn't feel like a nice mattress.

downie29-10-05.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78