Help - 2011 Dodge Ram 6.7L 2500 Snorkel

Ajhazel

Hello All,

I have been searching high and low for a snorkel intake set up for my '11 Ram. I can't find one anywhere, 4 Wheel Parts, AEV, etc. have come up empty as well. Has anyone been able to find one for their truck?

Thank you in advance.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
Why should the aev snorkel not work in your truck?

From what I understand the Raised Air Intake/Snorkel only works for the 2013 CTD's with the "Active Air" and has not been tested with out that setup. Essentially the newer CTD's have an opening behind the grill with a flapper system that opens up when the truck is towing heavy loads. I attached a diagram I got from the folks over at AEV which I hope explains it a little better.

It might be worth giving the folks over at AEV a call to see if anybody with a pre 2013 has successfully installed a Raised Air Intake on their Ram.

Attachments

• DJ%20Snorkel.jpg
    DJ%20Snorkel.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 48

Ajhazel

Interesting. Thank you for the feedback Gentlemen. I sent the guys at AEV an email a few weeks ago asking if they had anything that would work for my truck and their response was essentially "no". I will try to dig a little deeper with them now and see if it is a "no" strictly from a liability stand point since my truck is not the engineered intent...I figured if they did have something that would be compatible, they would not want to miss out on a sale. I will do some more research on AEV. Thanks!

Our snorkel will fit the outside of your truck, but no good way to hook up to that older diesel airbox :(

Our snorkel will fit all Gen4 (2010+) Gas trucks 1500-5500, all Diesels 13.5+ with Active Air Box 3500-5500, All 14+ 2500 and All 1500 Gas and diesel. The only one it won't fit is the 10-13.5 Diesel, I know some one was looking into what it would take to get the new airbox in there or using our gas adapters to the older Diesel box or some combination, but I haven't heard back on that. I think he might have just sold his 12 for a 14....

dh

Ajhazel

Thanks for the info. This is probably a long shot, but would there be anyway to only purchase your externals? Or would I need to buy the entire kit? Thanks again.

Ozymandias

Observer
So it works, the main problem is always to find a proper outside snorkel, inside it is always possible to fabricate something DIY.

Get it, install it and post some pictures.

The diesel kit for the 13.5 is just the "externals" if I understand your question correctly. That will give you a 5" tube inside the fender to possibly adapt your airbox to. Let me know if you get figure out a way to get it done. (Its the darker gray part in the pic above)

The gas kit is all of the diesel parts plus another section that goes from the inside of the fender to the gas/3.0 crd airbox and the airbox gets modified.

Instructions from our website will give you more of an idea of the parts involved. http://www.aev-conversions.com/isheets/aev_ram_raised-air-intake-installation.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan