Help Build a School In Nepal

pwc

Explorer
Hello!!
My wife Kim and I are raising funds to enable a school to be built in Nepal. I use 'enable' because we will not be building it but simply providing funds to help. The non-profit we have signed up with is called Room to Read. In short, they provide some funds and logistics support while the community that wants the school has to come forward on their own to request funds and provides other funds, land, materials and labor. Along with an intense vetting process, this helps insure success of the project and good use of the school.

Our goal is to raise $15,000. Currently we are at a little over $4000.

There are two ways people from this group can help:
1. A traditional, straightforward donation. Click on the link here to be taken to the donation page. Make sure to fill in "Carey Family School" in the Special Instructions section. If your company offers matching gifts, they can be accepted too.

2. Purchase a photograph from our site. We currently have 121 photos with more being added every week (for those with RSS readers, you can get automatically updated about new images with this feed. atom and google earth feeds too) With over 50,000 images to go through, we will be presenting a wide variety of subject matter available in the coming months. 90% of the net proceeds from all photos purchased until July will go towards the school project. If there is some subject matter you're looking for, please llet me know and I'll see if I can find and post it quickly.

More information about our efforts can be found at our Hidden Creek Photography site. If you know of anyone who might be interested in helping out, please feel free to forward this posting or PM me for more info.

As for the "expeditionness" of this project, well, my wife went on a 3 week overland, self propelled, photographic expedition to Nepal in October. Some might call it a trek. :) She's also planning on going on another trek this coming fall to take more photos and make new friends (and at the rate she's learning the language, she won't have any trouble doing that)

Thanks for your consideration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears