Help ID & age a canvas tent

thebmrust

Can anyone help ID and age this tent?

Full disclosure: I am not much of a tent historian.

That being said, this is a canvas tent with features not often found in modern tents.
e.g., clasps, hooks and clips.

It is an external frame as you can see. The tag says "Eureka Tent and Awning" (and "Sail-Craft" brand) . We've done some Google searches but didn't find much.

We are just looking to figure out the rough age of the tent. It's in pretty good condition. No tears in walls or floor. Zippers all work and all grommets and D rings are in place. The only real wear is the flexibility of the shock cords, a few re-sewn attachment point loops/tabs(?) and the trueness of the aluminum frame poles aren't perfect.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 49

4xdog

Explorer
We had a tent similar to that in the second half of the 1960s. Family friends had one almost exactly like that. I’d guess late 1950s-1970-ish.

thebmrust

I've seen two "space 10" "...11" tents that have a full width front awning. Ours is door width so maybe a "space 8" ?

ennored

I can't can't add to what has been said, but we had one of those when I was little. I'd guess my parents bought it about 1969, when I was 2. It's still at my parents. My family barely fits in the little tent we have now, I ought to go get it out and set it up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman