Help Me Build A Defender 110 Please

Bajab

Hello Jerry, I recently completed an overland build on a Defender 110/with 200Tdi. The build consists of Alu cab top , complete interior build out, upgraded suspension,etc.etc..If you are serious, please contact me. PS I think you will be pleased with the info

Bajab

I'm currently looking into purchasing a Defender 110 LHD probably around 1992 to 1995 model. Back in the mid 70's I spent time in one in South America and have always loved the vehicle and now I'm considering a trip south starting October 2020. My current rig which I live in (Northern Lite truck camper) is too big and my truck too new (diesel) so it'll go into storage. I know nothing about selecting kitchen stuff, heating systems, water systems, charging systems, etc.

My budget would be (but not to exceed $100,000) which would include the cost of the vehicle.

This trip will probably be my dog and I only and there is no time limit.

Any links to build sites would be great.

My first question would be any recommendations of companies that you've dealt with that build out Defenders for full time travel ?

My second question would be what would you reccomend to go into the build ? Brand names would be great.

My third question would be disel or gas ? Engine swap or rebuild ?

I have a few ideas of my needs and wants (it's definitely a Defender 110) but I'm curious what educated / experienced people think. I've spoke with 2 builders so far and both asked for a build sheet. I don't have one.

I'm not 100 % positive that I'll do this trip but I'm probably at 60/40 this morning.

Thanks for any input. It's much appreciated.
I'm currently looking into purchasing a Defender 110 LHD probably around 1992 to 1995 model. Back in the mid 70's I spent time in one in South America and have always loved the vehicle and now I'm considering a trip south starting October 2020. My current rig which I live in (Northern Lite truck camper) is too big and my truck too new (diesel) so it'll go into storage. I know nothing about selecting kitchen stuff, heating systems, water systems, charging systems, etc.

My budget would be (but not to exceed $100,000) which would include the cost of the vehicle.

This trip will probably be my dog and I only and there is no time limit.

Any links to build sites would be great.

My first question would be any recommendations of companies that you've dealt with that build out Defenders for full time travel ?

My second question would be what would you reccomend to go into the build ? Brand names would be great.

My third question would be disel or gas ? Engine swap or rebuild ?

I have a few ideas of my needs and wants (it's definitely a Defender 110) but I'm curious what educated / experienced people think. I've spoke with 2 builders so far and both asked for a build sheet. I don't have one.

I'm not 100 % positive that I'll do this trip but I'm probably at 60/40 this morning.

Thanks for any input. It's much appreciated.

My wife and I just finished building out our 1993 Defender 110 200 TDi. We did most of it ourselves. We installed an Alu Cab top which gives you the ability to stand up inside your rig, Two water tanks to give us about 28 gallons of water, extra long range fuel tank 12 gallon capacity, 54 Quart refrigerator, insta hot water heater, on suite shower, cabinets etc. There are a few things still left to do like gull wing windows and winch. The nice thing about the five door is that we used one of the side doors for a slide for refrigerator with a table under neath for the stove. Everyone's needs are different so no two are alike which is great.

So far we are just under 50k including the vehicle and absolutely love the vehicle.

If you have any questions would love to talk

Attachments

• Pictures from  iphone 356.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 356.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • Pictures from  iphone 358.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 358.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Pictures from  iphone 365.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 365.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Pictures from  iphone 361.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 361.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • Pictures from  iphone 403.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 403.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Pictures from  iphone 356.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 356.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • Pictures from  iphone 358.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 358.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Pictures from  iphone 361.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 361.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Pictures from  iphone 365.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 365.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • Pictures from  iphone 403.JPG
    Pictures from iphone 403.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

Bajab

My wife and I just finished building out our 1993 Defender 110 200 TDi. We did most of it ourselves. We installed an Alu Cab top which gives you the ability to stand up inside your rig, Two water tanks to give us about 28 gallons of water, extra long range fuel tank 12 gallon capacity, 54 Quart refrigerator, insta hot water heater, on suite shower, cabinets etc. There are a few things still left to do like gull wing windows and winch. The nice thing about the five door is that we used one of the side doors for a slide for refrigerator with a table under neath for the stove. Everyone's needs are different so no two are alike which is great.

So far we are just under 50k including the vehicle and absolutely love the vehicle.

If you have any questions would love to talk
Sorry for the doubles on the pics was sure that the first group loaded up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78