Help me build a fridge/grill slide out cabinet

Redman333

Adventurer
I am looking to build a fridge slide and stove mounted under the fridge.

The fridge is an engel fridge and the grill is just a camp chef grill. They are both going into a Land Rover discovery 2 cargo area. I don't know if this is possible but I'm thinking with good strong slides it should be. But I'm wanting to have both the grill(which will be mounted under the fridge) and the fridge to slide out in one piece. Then the fridge will slide not straight out but off to the side so the first slide will have to clear the body of the vehicle. My biggest question is will the slides be able to hold this twisting force. I know I need locking slides so that it will lock all the way out so I don't need it to slide once out but need to make sure it can handle this stress. It needs to be rattle free also. By the way I'm no carpenter either so mostly everything I do in this I will have to buy or rent the tools for and learn how to do along the way.

I have already figured out that I want to use Baltic birch plywood. I found it for $84 per 5x5 sheet. Not sure how much I need yet.

Also figured I'd use the accuride 9308 locking slides at least for the whole assembly since I figure those will take the most abuse and stress. Don't know how long I need yet though.

I still need to figure out the strongest way to connect all the panels of wood though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears