Help me find this (in the US)!

Youngunner

Adventurer
As usual, Australians make some cool little devices you can't get over here. I see these 50 amp anderson plug flip open covers all over ebay AU, but none that ship to the US. believe made by "trailervision". Anyone know any dealers here in the states?

plug.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Looked at Anderson plug covers last year at SEMA and had a sample sent to me. The unit I was sent wasn't compatible with Anderson connectors available in the USA. They may have developed new covers since then. The US distributor was based in Reno NV, just down the road from you. Can't remember the name of the company, but a few e mails to OZ may come up with the answer for you.

ldivinag

Adventurer
Thanks Martyn. I sent an email to trailervision. I wasn't aware the Anderson connectors aren't standardized.

they are.

issue is they make them in several colors and each color has it's own "key" so red will only mate with red, gray with gray, etc...

see this:

SB350_xlrg.jpg

these are the 350 amp suckers i use for my winch. another guy in the old 4wd club i used to belong to, when he was setting up his dual batt setup in his truck, i mentioned for him to get the same gray ones i had.

then later on, i posted to the club that if they wanted to standardize, they should get the gray ones also...

alan

Explorer
If you can't find them in the US, let me know and i can send some over, we have them in stock.

ldivinag

Adventurer
that cover only works for the 50 amp models?

do they have other sizes?

the 350 amp ones are around 4.25" long...

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
A much cheaper (and more ghetto) alternative:

Go HERE and buy some anderson connectors (I've used many from this place for many years, I think they are reliable). The connectors have two holes in the center line of the connector (between the leads). Screw through those holes down to your solid surface to lock the connector in place.

Then go HERE and scroll down to buy the dust cover for the connector you bought from the exact same place ;) I have used their dust cover on an exposed connector since (I think) 2008 and it hasn't decayed or cracked or had any issues.

It won't be quite as nice or as clean, but it will cost you $20 and you can get it in 3 days :)

ldivinag

Adventurer
careful, that is only rated for 50 amps.

my warn xd9000i maxes out at around 350 amps. i use the 300 amp suckers that are 4.25" long. and the wiring goes from 1/0 to 4/0 gauge. that one listed cant handle the wire size nor the amperage that might be full max capacity.

expect around $15 per side connectors for the 300 amp ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998