Help me search for f150 protective skins

NoTraxx

I looked at wraps and ceramic coatings. Everyone I talked to said it would not work, especially the ceramic coatings. The best one indicated I would have to recoat every three years.

The wrap guys were more confident but they said no guarantees and if I ever tried to take it off it would pull the paint off.

Seems like being able to remove the wrap with out damaging the paint is one of the selling points of the wrap. At least when I talk to the wrap guys.

ITTOG

Seems like being able to remove the wrap with out damaging the paint is one of the selling points of the wrap. At least when I talk to the wrap guys.
That was my expectation but I talked to three different wrap places and two of the three indicated the paint would most likely come off. They told me Ford's were especially prone to the paint coming off. Same for another manufacturer but I don't recall who that is now.

I am sure you will get different responses across the country so it doesn't surprise me you received different info. Not all these places have the same experience, honesty, etc.

So I didn't do anything to the truck and am just adding pinstripes just like @badmotofing3r with each trip.

NoTraxx

Well, they did say to professionally remove it.
Check on the right side about 2 or 3 down, then again when I called they confirmed.
It may be a difference in film or adhesive or the removal process or how long it is left on. Who knows.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
So I didn't do anything to the truck and am just adding pinstripes just like @badmotofing3r with each trip.

The ceramic coat doesn't prevent the prinstripes it just makes it easy to get rid of them and turn the picture on the first page into this.
qccvmjM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12