Help! Need Advice on Shipping a Gobi Rack Cross-Country

cgrigsby79

I just jumped on a killer deal on a basically new Gobi stealth roof rack, however shipping appears to be a considerably larger challenge than I had imagined to figure out

Any one have any recs for reasonable LTL freight company and/or alternatives for shipping a Gobi rack and ladder from rural upstate New York to Boulder, Colorado? The seller still has the original pallet used in the shipping from Gobi, but suggested shipping without it to save weight and space...either way, all of my quotes are coming back absurdly high.

Thanks!
Chris

f250ben

This is tricky, but you could post up in regional or ongoing trip report forums. Just try to find someone traveling in your general direction. Try overland bound forum too since they have a lot of members who travel often, or even full time. I bet if you happened to luck out with the right person, you could find someone to bring it over to you for free or close to that.

It’s a stretch, but imo totally worth it for the cost savings, and potential new friends along the way.

If that doesn’t work, I’d just use freight. If you try networking through some of the smaller online off-road/overland gear distributors, those guys all use freight a lot. CVT for example is a company so small one of the owners called me personally when I emailed them about a poorly packaged shipment they sent to my house. If you reach out to a couple of companies in the area where this is shipping out of, they can probably make you some recommendations for a specific freight company, or best case might even help you ship it.

Relational networking often helps in these scenarios. Takes more time, but can save money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman