Help? Need some measurments and dimensions....

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I know, I am a Chevy owner, treading softly over here in Toyota country. I am hoping to get some help from anyone here owning a 2003 Land Cruiser, or body style type like it.

Here is what I need:

I really like the ARB bumper that they make for the Land Cruiser, the one with the built in fog lights, bumper pads, etc. It looks a LOT better than the one that ARB makes for my Chevy. So, I am wondering if it would be a possible starting point to be converted to fit my truck....and I was wondering if anyone had pics of their front end without a bumper that they could post up, and if someone could provide me with the meausrements of the width of the frame where it mounts at the bumper as well as the overall width of their vehicle.

If anyone has the ARB bumper mentioned, measurements and closeup pics of that would be great as well! I contacted both ARB and a USA retailer and neither could provide the information I need. A search of the internet for pics does not reveal anything of decent quality to use for research and reference.

And, if the measurements don't look close, I will go elsewhere.....

Thanks for any help anyone can give me! :Mechanic:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
02TahoeMD said:
I know, I am a Chevy owner, treading softly over here in Toyota country...

Welcome to the club of non-toyota owners. There's plenty of us here, so no worries about that.

Regarding the bumper. Given that these are designed to bolt right on to the existing frame and work with your air bags and crush cans, have you given any thought to modifying the one made for your truck to fit lights? Or, are those modifications too complex?

I feel your pain, though. I had to give up my integrated fog lights too. I installed Hella fogs on top of the bumper (in the center) using the supplied locations. Then I put driving lights on top of the vehicle. Some of the lights out there can offer enough light that using just two on the bumper give you enough light wide and in the center too.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Everyone here has been super nice to me, I just felt a bit odd starting a thread in the Toyota owners area. I enjoy this forum immensely, and it is refreshing to meet friendly and polite people, unlike what can be found on some other forums.

Anyway, I did look into trying to mod the Chevy ARB bumper with the light openings, but, ARB did not respond to my queries about wether or not the housings could be ordered or if they would even fit, at all, in the width of the bumper. Additionally, I have had the chance to see the Chevy ARB bumper in person and it looks BIG. It fits well on the full length Suburban, but on a Tahoe, it looks a bit too big, and out of proportion for the rest of the truck. At least, to my eyes it does.

There are enough differences in the Land Cruiser ARB bumper to make me want to give it a try for my Tahoe, but I don't want to drop serious $$$ into something that I may find just will not fit. And, there is also the appeal of being the first to do something, like the mod I did of the Safari Snorkel from a Toyota to fit my Tahoe.

I am also thinking of putting on the Buckstop Outback winch bumper on my rig, but that is my secondary choice. Hope someone here can get me the dimensions I need....

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Just wanted to drop a line of thanks to Lee / " Hoser " for his help in this project. Just posted up a pic here.

Thanks again Lee! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears