Help, Please . . . Where to put cell booster antenna on an Earthroamer XV-JP?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Perhaps someone who knows about this stuff can quickly guide me . . .

I'd like to put the Wilson dual-band signal booster into the Jeep camper, but am not clear whether there's a place to mount the outside antenna where it will do any good, as the entire roof area is fiberglass:

ERJK1.JPG

and I suspect that won't work very well, right?

I can easily mount it on one edge of the hood, but am unclear whether that would be way substandard.

Indeed, might the antenna situation be bad enough that I ought to give up the idea? I'd like to have the improved reception, but wouldn't want to pay for the equipment if the outside antenna problem would cause very limited gains.

What say you experts? Thanks in advance.

If you could access underneath the roof you could ground a thin large 12-18"
piece of metal, preferably copper, to use with a NMO mount for the ground plane. The hood mount could work fine too, but the roof would be better. good luck

If you could access underneath the roof you could ground a thin large 12-18"
piece of metal, preferably copper, to use with a NMO mount for the ground plane. The hood mount could work fine too, but the roof would be better. good luck

Idea...
How about using a NMO mount, utilizing the copper setting sun artwork on the vehicle's interior roof as a ground plane?

P1120289.JPG

Could it work?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
How about using a NMO mount, utilizing the copper setting sun artwork on the vehicle's interior roof as a ground plane?

Ya gotta love Jame's fine record of solutions to my problems. And I have to admit that it'd be nice to be able to be able to pass off the glamper ceiling art as essential to my radio setup. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears