HELP! Time to start an '05 Taco TRD Quad Cab Build

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
I have had the OME/DAKAR springs set up on my 06 Tacoma since I bought it and have been very happy thus far.

All springs sag and all shocks/struts fade. Do you replace or rebuild?

We sell many different suspensions, and I think all of the brands that we sell have merit for the end user.

Not everyone wants full adjustability, or 3" of height gain, or a race proven coilover set up that does require Tuning and tweeking.

On the flip side the next user will not settle for anything less than having the option of dialing in a suspension exactly as they want it.

The best that anyone can do is educate yourself about all of the options available and then list the goals and expectations of the vehicle. Then make an informed decision based on realistic goals and budget.

Jacque:beer:

heeltoe989

Explorer
TRDPARTS4U said:
I have had the OME/DAKAR springs set up on my 06 Tacoma since I bought it and have been very happy thus far.

All springs sag and all shocks/struts fade. Do you replace or rebuild?

We sell many different suspensions, and I think all of the brands that we sell have merit for the end user.

Not everyone wants full adjustability, or 3" of height gain, or a race proven coilover set up that does require Tuning and tweeking.

On the flip side the next user will not settle for anything less than having the option of dialing in a suspension exactly as they want it.

The best that anyone can do is educate yourself about all of the options available and then list the goals and expectations of the vehicle. Then make an informed decision based on realistic goals and budget.

Jacque:beer:

Well said, only you can make the big leap into the suspension world. I love playing and tweaking, you may not :).

My truck is my hobby.

:beer:

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
DarkHelmet said:
the following people have been a real inspiration for ideas:

TACODOC (no offense everyone else... but you are my hero when it comes to a Tacoma build)

The rest in no particular order:
Overland Hadley, maxama10, Jacket, KingCrabberCurry, Streakerfreak, heeltoe989.

Thanks!

Funny, I have gained ideas from everyone you listed and it has been this site that really drove my build to the next level.

We all gain energy from each other's creativity here and that's what keeps me coming back to this site.

On a side note, some of you may have noticed my build thread has gone dormant... I've been busy but my build will resume after I return from the 'Stans...

Streakerfreak said:
Oh and don't worry, many of us have suffered from TACODOC envy. It was even his build link on TTORA that led me here.
This envy then helps us figure out what we want out of OUR rigs and we find our own needs and what we don't need.

Sure, lay all the blame on me! :hehe:

heeltoe989

Explorer
TACODOC said:
Thanks!

Funny, I have gained ideas from everyone you listed and it has been this site that really drove my build to the next level.

We all gain energy from each other's creativity here and that's what keeps me coming back to this site.

On a side note, some of you may have noticed my build thread has gone dormant... I've been busy but my build will resume after I return from the 'Stans...

Sure, lay all the blame on me! :hehe:

Be safe!

I owe you a few beers in November! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
TACODOC said:
Thanks!

Cheers to that!

This place is great!

heeltoe989

Explorer
DarkHelmet said:
+1. If you need anything from me courtesty of my "day job" let me know.

Cage Code 1F0J3 - Google it! :)

I would take a couple of those if the Canadian Government would let me :)

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
heeltoe989 said:
I would take a couple of those if the Canadian Government would let me :)

Yeah, um... the last time I exported something to the CDF the US State Dept. behaved like they were going to turn right around and invade us with them. Took me 18 months. I've exported stuff to Eastern Europe faster than that.

- DH

heeltoe989

Explorer
DarkHelmet said:
Yeah, um... the last time I exported something to the CDF the US State Dept. behaved like they were going to turn right around and invade us with them. Took me 18 months. I've exported stuff to Eastern Europe faster than that.

- DH

yeah welcome to Canada.......

The province over from me their trying to bring in a law that you can't have tires bigger than 33" on the road.....

some people have too much time on there hands and waste sooooo much money!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan