HELP WITH 2003 MITSUBISHI FUSO DIESEL 4M50

Db2

Need help with Mitsubishi fuso 4m50. Getting air in fuel lines and engine runs out of fuel. It will run if I continue to prime the fuel. I can't find the low pressure pump on this vehicle. Seems to inject fuel fine but will blow nasty blue smoke on occasion. Does anyone know where the low pressure pump is or where I can find repair info? Thanks

dlh62c

Explorer
Does anyone know where the low pressure pump is or where I can find repair info? Thanks

Its most likely mounted on the truck's frame rail. Your looking for a component that has both a fuel suction line and wires connected to it. There may be a steel cover obstructing your view of it.

Db2

I've followed the lines. They go right from the tank to the injection pump with only the primer head and Filter/water separator in between. No pump in the tank.

Db2

Anyone know where I can get a manual for this truck? How the heck does fuel get to the injection pump? Low pressure pump inside the injection pump?

kerry

Expedition Leader
In the 96-01 FG manual it shows a fuel feed pump on the left side of the engine perhaps forward of the center of the tire. Hard to tell from the image but it looks like a mechanical pump mounted on the side of the engine. It says it has a filter inside a banjo bolt which needs to be cleaned periodically. I've never heard of a diesel without some kind of lift pump.

Db2

I've applied pressure and vacuum to the fuel lines and they hold pressure and vacuum. Couldn't find external leaks but something in the injection pump will open and relieve pressure at higher pressure (pressure valve maybe) . I'll check for the filter in the banjo bolt and download the manual. I'll post what I find. Thanks

boostin

Adventurer
I dint know much about the injection system on the older 4m50, mine is the common rail but I would love to learn how it's set up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior