Help with montero leak

newworld2004

Adventurer
I noticed today I have leaks , not sure where exactly coming from .see picture and help me to find it. I touched the area with red pan and it seems it drops from there, is that may be gas leaks?

thx

Attachments

• DSCN2891_1.jpg
    DSCN2891_1.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 14

newworld2004

Adventurer
leak on the garage floor , it is evaporating , so color is lighter now when I checked again.

Attachments

• DSCN2892.JPG
    DSCN2892.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 9

RyanY

Adventurer
That's more than likely a gas leak, and it should be obvious by the smell. I'd bet you've got a pressure or return hose on top of the tank that's leaking, then running down the front of the tank. There is an inspection panel under the carpet behind the rear seat that you can pull off and get a decent view of the hoses and electrical connections to the fuel pump and fuel sending unit.

RyanY

Adventurer
Personally I wouldn't drive a vehicle that's leaking gas, but if you must, make sure to bring a fire extinguisher. You might want to verify that your insurance policy will cover fire damage as well.

newworld2004

Adventurer
Personally I wouldn't drive a vehicle that's leaking gas, but if you must, make sure to bring a fire extinguisher. You might want to verify that your insurance policy will cover fire damage as well.

what should I expected to get charge if I took it to shop? how many hours will it take?

bikerjosh

Explorer
At the very least dropping the tank I'd be prepared for $200 plus parts (likely less than $20, fuel line)

newworld2004

Adventurer
That's more than likely a gas leak, and it should be obvious by the smell. I'd bet you've got a pressure or return hose on top of the tank that's leaking, then running down the front of the tank. There is an inspection panel under the carpet behind the rear seat that you can pull off and get a decent view of the hoses and electrical connections to the fuel pump and fuel sending unit.

I checked it is indeed return pressure pipe, . does the tank has to be removed? or can I tie it down?

Last edited:

RyanY

Adventurer
The return line is not a high pressure hose like the supply side. IIRC you should be able to replace the flexible hose section from the tank to the hard line with generic fuel hose from the parts store. It's been a while since I've had that apart so I don't remember exactly, but I think you can get to the tank end through the access panel and the other end is accessible from under the vehicle, so hopefully you can replace it without having to drop the tank.

newworld2004

Adventurer
all, can flexible pipe be changes for two access door behind second row seats? or has to be done from under the truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12