Hercules Terra Trac R/S?

Ragnor

I just bought a set of these last month. As you say, the price is right! I put em on my big heavy K2500. Here is what I have to say about them. Short version is, Put them on the Doom Van! I had a 76 G20 van with wild country AT's on it and they where ok (controllable full drift(while passing)on gravel at 55mph, lol, oh yeah! ), but I did loose a sidewall to a stick on a brand new tire. But knowing how a van handles off road, these are a solid choice. R/S lack side tread so probably not as good in a drift.
They have plenty of traction on dry roads and are not very loud. They have fair traction on wet roads. I have not driven them at high speed in a deluge yet. Nor any snow. I drive them on the logging road that shredded my last two used sets of tires in one trip each. They are still holding air. Got to love that! I brushed a curb parking in a compact spot. Didn't seam to do any damage.
My driveway is a mud track that has defeated many an unskilled 4x4 owner, lol These tires just walk in and out of it. I can drive sideways through the ruts in 2WD. I tested them yesterday up a steep, slick, muddy, skidder trail that I see some jacked up yoda using. They did pretty good I was just testing never put it in 4WD. The tires could do it if I felt like mashing my suspension. Oh, I read a review said they didn't clear out well in mud. That's not correct. I romp the gas and the tires are cleared, no problem. Worst thing that is true that I read in a review is that these tires Love Rocks. I took these tires out rock hounding and they brought home more rocks than I did, lol. One thing that drives me nuts is hearing a rock clicking in my tire.
I usually stop and dig them out, but there where so many!. I thought they would sling out on the highway, but no dice. I am gonna have to carry a hoof pick, lol. So, yeah dude. Put em on the Van and I think you will be pleased. I am pretty darned content with them overall. Now it's just a test of time. Oh, also, some guy said they get shredded on sharp rocks? Totally not true.

Man I'm slippin'. totally left out gravel handling characteristic. They're near frickin perfect! That's what they are. It's damn near like a perelli AT tire for a pickup truck. Holds tight in corners. With the 75r you cut in a little better on the soft gravel. I touched it a couple times and they don't want to float immediately at any rate. I have driven some of these roads for over 30 years and so I kinda have a benchmark on how fast a rig can traverse a certain distance. These tires as probably as good as it gets without spending thousands on a set of tires or whatever.

Also an upshot of they're affinity for rock collecting is they will pick up any gravel on icy roads and give more traction.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12