Heres my expo vehicle

S.Limited

Hey Jason. Nice setup. How long have you had the Baja? I've had mine for 2 years now and I love it. Where have you taken it?

P4140065.jpg

jasonL_031

Adventurer
ive only had mine since july and ive only had time to take it to the gfs moms place (valley view AB) i want to take it up to the yukon/nwt and bc this summer im planning a decent solo run with my husky any tips on the baja???i'm wanting to get a second spare cause i like having 2 spares for both vehicles lol.

S.Limited

I'm running 2 6v batteries which easily got me through a feb. long weekend of -20C nights without recharging. The 20lb propane tanks are more than enough too. The same trip the furnace non stop for for almost 12 hours each night and I only went through 1 tank.
The only complaint I have is that when you're on a logging road in the rain, every thing on the deck gets just covered in mud. I usually carry the family's bicycles and they are a mess. The boys don't care but it means extra work for me.

All in all we love it. It opens up the camping possibilities. Logging staging areas were never an option with a tent, but now they are.

P5190344.jpg

jasonL_031

Adventurer
when i go camping i like to go out for weeks upon weeks lol so i'm thinking getting a bigger propane tank and of course dual batteries and a second spare tire lol.

S.Limited

my brother runs a solar panel about 2ft x 3ft and mounts it on a small tripod so he can move it with the sun. Seems to keep his batteries charged up under moderate use. Its not really an issue if you are on the move every couple of days.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Granted we live in ours full time, but we have 3 AM Solar solar panels and 4 AGM 6-volt batteries and never run out of power.

444694314_vVsQG-L-1.jpg

99% of the camping we do is off the grid type boondocking and would be impossible or uncomfortable without the Solar Panels.

If you only camp a few times per year, a nice bank of Deep Cell batteries and one panel would probably suit you fine. I dont think the expense of the full array would pay itself off for the part timer.

This is what I hope to move up to soon:drool:

366273741_GWxWo-L-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman