Hey Moderators... Rules??

al415

Observer
GEEZ Karen’s, who really cares.

You apparently. And us ?

DA2EF559-C3D8-4717-9414-68DFFDA0900F.png

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
A few of us that have been on here a while are seeing these , whatever kind of clever name vehicles they use as a selling tool. Nothing wrong with that but, the one time member is, imo, trying to take advantage of not very savvy people with ,in some cases, extremely inflated prices. If this is a community forum then there should be some knowledgeable input.
Every time I see a 2022 Tacoma for sale on here that is so over weight and dangerous but really cool and trendy, SMH.
So, I don't care if they advertise but I also think potential buyers should be made aware of what they are getting into.
I know, buyer be ware..
I think moderators have to deal with enough bs on here,
the longtime members should have a little knowledgable input imo.

SteveThompson

If some perfect stranger’s ad sucks, who Fn cares then he doesn’t sell it. It is self governing, it’s not your business . If the ad goes from just exaggerating to bold face misrepresentation, then he’ll probably be called out by the forum like the F550 DBL four wheel camper ad.

Im in here all the time looking for a specific truck. I cruise the titles and leave for the most part or have had a few comments/questions. It’s simply remarkable that people really spend their day sparing with sellers about their ads for which they have zero intention of buying? Case in point look at the ad challenging the guy with the 2019 Rebel for sale. Geez do you work for the DMV, we’re you a hall monitor in middle school or maybe you are on your neighborhood HOA board where you determine which color trashcan is permitted and the dates allowed for holiday light displays. LOL

This guy gets it.

reync

If some perfect stranger’s ad sucks, who Fn cares then he doesn’t sell it. It is self governing, it’s not your business . If the ad goes from just exaggerating to bold face misrepresentation, then he’ll probably be called out by the forum like the F550 DBL four wheel camper ad.

Im in here all the time looking for a specific truck. I cruise the titles and leave for the most part or have had a few comments/questions. It’s simply remarkable that people really spend their day sparing with sellers about their ads for which they have zero intention of buying? Case in point look at the ad challenging the guy with the 2019 Rebel for sale. Geez do you work for the DMV, we’re you a hall monitor in middle school or maybe you are on your neighborhood HOA board where you determine which color trashcan is permitted and the dates allowed for holiday light displays. LOL

Questioning what led someone to modify the vehicle being sold in a particular way is quite relevant to the sale, particularly when most vehicles are trading hands sight unseen. With regards to the Revel, when someone says they put a snorkel on for water crossings, and the stock intake is well above many other components that would be damaged by flooding it’s quite relevant to ask if they were crossing high water in the vehicle. It’s not a backwoods four wheeling 90s wrangler, it’s a full blown modern RV with tons of electronic components.

Alloy

A few of us that have been on here a while are seeing these , whatever kind of clever name vehicles they use as a selling tool. Nothing wrong with that but, the one time member is, imo, trying to take advantage of not very savvy people with ,in some cases, extremely inflated prices. If this is a community forum then there should be some knowledgeable input.
Every time I see a 2022 Tacoma for sale on here that is so over weight and dangerous but really cool and trendy, SMH.
So, I don't care if they advertise but I also think potential buyers should be made aware of what they are getting into.
I know, buyer be ware..
I think moderators have to deal with enough bs on here,
the longtime members should have a little knowledgable input imo.

Making people aware is all you/we can do. I've tried for years to stop Darwinism even with good freinds. It's surprsing how many will keep going after being told the bridge is gone.

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
And the input from some longtime members is: we want this ******** to stop.
If this platform is going to turn into an ad space for anybody new to the group to try and pimp an overland rig for way out of line money, that needs to stop right now. If the "managers" don't care to hear that, perhaps they need to depart.
Mark Michaels
Taos, NM

zip

I prefer social distancing.
When I read an ad that I find to be ridiculous, I respond with an Emoji. It is usually ?, or ?.
I don't want to cause the moderators to have to take action on my behalf, so I generally keep the snide comments to myself.
I like this website. I feel that the classifieds are my best resource for researching my next OEV.
This forum is kind of a fantasy site for me. It allows me to dream and look forward to my future of working less and traveling more.
Also, at times, these silly ads can be quite entertaining.
If these ads ever start to cause me more sorrow than joy, I will stop looking at them.

Off to work. Hope everyone enjoys their holiday.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
And the input from some longtime members is: we want this ******** to stop.
If this platform is going to turn into an ad space for anybody new to the group to try and pimp an overland rig for way out of line money, that needs to stop right now. If the "managers" don't care to hear that, perhaps they need to depart.
Mark Michaels
Taos, NM

My Thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I don't see the need for number of posts b4 allowed to sell. Really bad rule "minimum count of posts" are not needed.
Well, there kinda is; it keeps newbies from coming on here to simply use this site for their personal benefit of selling stuff they don't want and not contributing to the underlying purpose of this site.

With the exception of Craig's List and other like sites, I don't know of any other source of communication or publication that offers advertising space for free, somehow, someone has to pay something to allow advertising to the public.

Asking for a small contribution in the forums seems to be more than a reasonable price to pay to reach a unique target market.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Well, there kinda is; it keeps newbies from coming on here to simply use this site for their personal benefit of selling stuff they don't want and not contributing to the underlying purpose of this site.

With the exception of Craig's List and other like sites, I don't know of any other source of communication or publication that offers advertising space for free, somehow, someone has to pay something to allow advertising to the public.

Asking for a small contribution in the forums seems to be more than a reasonable price to pay to reach a unique target market.

Agreed

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
…With the exception of Craig's List and other like sites, I don't know of any other source of communication or publication that offers advertising space for free, somehow, someone has to pay something to allow advertising to the public.

⬆ A very interesting proposal. So that raises the question…how many here would support a small fee for FSBO ads (more for campers, trailers and vehicles, less for gear) in lieu of more pop up ads (assuming the revenue driven model of this forum remains a critical factor to its continuance)?

Time for a Poll? ?

Last edited:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
⬆ A very interesting proposal. So that raises the question…how many here would support a small fee for FSBO ads (more for campers, trailers and vehicles, less for gear) in lieu of more pop up ads (assuming the revenue driven model of this forum remains a critical factor to its continuance)?

Time for a Poll?
Be careful, Brady will want both! :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998