Hi-lift base cheap

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Hey guys, not sure if this has been brought up before, but thought I'd post suggestions from farm use:

The best, cheapest, easiest base I've used for hi-lifts, bottle jacks, jack stands, in nearly any kind of soil condition, is used disk blades. You can usually find old used ones at any farm, and most any farmer would be happy to get 5 or 10 bucks for one or two. I'll try and get some pics of mine, you can weld plates in the middle to help securely mount to the lift base, and they work fantastic in sand!

Lucky j

Explorer
Piece on 3/4" plywood 12"x12". Paint it for durability.

Cheap, light, durable and not a big deal if you loose ot in the mud!

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Hey bigfoot, there is actually quite a bit of hay grown within an hour of LV. If you ever make it up to the Hollister area, let me know, I'll get you one or two. I've thought about making and selling them, not sure how many people would be interested though.

Lucky, 3/4" plywood works great as well, it's just hard to find it for a cheap price, if it's cheap, its usally about ready to turn into kindling, but I do like using wood if possible, so that if you do loose it, it doesn't become a weapon to another vehicle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears