High Altitude Trailer XT 105

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have been following the HATCO xt 105 for a while now. I have asked them and thier TX dealer if the 105 is available to oder. It is listed on thier website as such at 93k. I was told several weeks ago the roa is the premier dealer and I believe thier rebranded Roamer X at 110k ( with cruise master) is the only option. No one will answer me on this.

Roa is so busy hyping the xplors they have not even mentioned the Roamer X.

Did anyone see a XT 105 or Roamer x at Expo mnt west?

Treefarmer

A lot of smoke so far, but not much fire. Time will tell. I understand the Roamer1 concept. I'm not quite sure what the RoamerX is supposed to offer that's different from other single axle offerings out there. Maybe too much of a good thing is too much. ROA is running in a lot of different directions right now.

rehammer81

If I had to choose between Roamer X, HAT X105 and Xplore XT145 right now I would probably go Roamer X. That's with the minimal knowledge available. Roamer X over X105 only because I would trust the Cruisemaster suspension over the Timbren if that is in fact what the HAT X105 version will actually have. Would go Roamer X/X105 over Xplore XT145 because of the full residential queen bed and one piece fiberglass shell.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If I had to choose between Roamer X, HAT X105 and Xplore XT145 right now I would probably go Roamer X. That's with the minimal knowledge available. Roamer X over X105 only because I would trust the Cruisemaster suspension over the Timbren if that is in fact what the HAT X105 version will actually have. Would go Roamer X/X105 over Xplore XT145 because of the full residential queen bed and one piece fiberglass shell.

I agree that the cruismaster is more off road capable but in my case I would seriously consider the Timbren model for 17k less. I just don't think my off road needs warrant the CM. It does appear to be so much heavier and more aspects to go wrong. I do believe there are a few other upgrades like frig and that awesome Roamer decal to the Roamer X but not enough to warrant 17k +. But at this point it is not looking like the XT 105 is going to be offered. This is an example of ROA driving the market up in costs.

rehammer81

I agree that the cruismaster is more off road capable but in my case I would seriously consider the Timbren model for 17k less. I just don't think my off road needs warrant the CM. It does appear to be so much heavier and more aspects to go wrong. I do believe there are a few other upgrades like frig and that awesome Roamer decal to the Roamer X but not enough to warrant 17k +. But at this point it is not looking like the XT 105 is going to be offered. This is an example of ROA driving the market up in costs.
I 100% agree on the extra $17k being hard to swallow. I'd have to understand the issues the Timbrens were having and how/if they have been addressed. I would certainly like to pay less because even at that price I feel like I'm over paying but so seems to go this inflated off-road trailer market. This was more of just a big IF I managed to convince myself to pull the trigger between these offerings.

You mean you aren't willing to pay a premium for that fancy Roamer graphic on your trailer? Lol! I don't know much about that fancy fridge in comparison to a more affordable model at this point and how much more does the CM ATX cost them compared to the Timbren?

I 100% agree on the extra $17k being hard to swallow. I'd have to understand the issues the Timbrens were having and how/if they have been addressed. I would certainly like to pay less because even at that price I feel like I'm over paying but so seems to go this inflated off-road trailer market. This was more of just a big IF I managed to convince myself to pull the trigger between these offerings.

You mean you aren't willing to pay a premium for that fancy Roamer graphic on your trailer? Lol! I don't know much about that fancy fridge in comparison to a more affordable model at this point and how much more does the CM ATX cost them compared to the Timbren?

CM probably 3k more. Frame design 1k more. Frig 1k more. Other stuff 3k more. Roamer sticker 9k more.

Louisd75

Adventurer

When I looked into the ATX it was around 7k with everything associated with it from Sloop. (suspension, air bags, remote reservoir shock absorbers, air compressor, air tank, air hoses, wiring, relay module for leveling, bump stops, all the associated bits that get welded to the frame, residential freight shipping to PNW). That was pre Covid, so I'd imagine it's gone up a little.

When I looked into the ATX it was around 7k with everything associated with it from Sloop. (suspension, air bags, remote reservoir shock absorbers, air compressor, air tank, air hoses, wiring, relay module for leveling, bump stops, all the associated bits that get welded to the frame, residential freight shipping to PNW). That was pre Covid, so I'd imagine it's gone up a little.

I stand corrected. 6k for CM. 1K for chassis redesign, 1k for frig. 3k for other stuff. 6k for Roamer X badge

Treefarmer

The Cruisemaster ATX looks impressive on paper. I wonder how it will perform over the long term in areas like maintenance requirements, availability of parts, and reliability.

Hello everyone, I have a deposit on the first production unit of the XT105 and I have been in regular contact with the company's founder. I last spoke to him yesterday (5/24) and the shell for my unit is about to be completed. I did happen to ask about the location of tanks and things and it sounds like everything will be inside. I was just at the Overland Expo West and spent quite a bit of time looking at the Xplore X22 and the MDC trailers. Right now, I feel like the HATco XT105 will be the better unit of those three, but I am worried about the interior space. I will be traveling with 2 dogs, so I need to be able to move around inside the RV on rainy days and when I'm preparing meals. So, there is still a chance that it may not work for me. If that is the case, I will be back to square one and I have no idea what I will do. I've ruled out so many Chinese built overland rigs like Black Series. I would probably need to go back to look at the Xplore X22 or XR22 again or just bite the bullet and fly over to Australia and look at some of their offerings. I am not super rich, but I would rather spend more than buy something that won't hold up.

Also, I spoke to some folks at the expo who shared that there will be a few new model from a US builder this fall that will approximate the size of the HATco XT105. So, more options are coming out.

Is HATCO building you a 105?

DRAX

I'm just curious and not trying to argue/pick a fight, but...what is the point of these large off-road trailers in the US? I look at them, their size and weights, and wonder just where you're going to be able to fit one of these that is being towed by what should be a 3/4-ton truck because the tongue weight is likely insane. The departure and approach angles make it pretty much impossible to go down anything more than a maintained fire road and then where are you going to maneuver and park it off-road?

I'm sure there are reasons I'm not thinking of for buying one of these and paying through the nose, so educate me. If we were in Africa or Australia with a lot of wide-open spaces they would be great, but most places I'd want to go with an off-road trailer here in North America those would never make it.

rehammer81

You are not wrong. It really depends on location. There are quite a few open places out here in the SW I know would be accessible. Like you said, still not going to be able to take a lot of these on really tight and/or technical trails. They will let you get down more of the offshoots from those more maintained forest service roads. Also, the big benefit is that these are built to regularly leave the pavement and not rattle and bounce themselves to pieces unlike pretty much any regular Indiana made RV from the likes of Forest River, Jayco, etc. The price increases these manufacturers are asking for that capability though is insane. They should be understandably more expensive for more durability and capability but the 3-4x we see is absurd.

I'm just curious and not trying to argue/pick a fight, but...what is the point of these large off-road trailers in the US? I look at them, their size and weights, and wonder just where you're going to be able to fit one of these that is being towed by what should be a 3/4-ton truck because the tongue weight is likely insane. The departure and approach angles make it pretty much impossible to go down anything more than a maintained fire road and then where are you going to maneuver and park it off-road?

I'm sure there are reasons I'm not thinking of for buying one of these and paying through the nose, so educate me. If we were in Africa or Australia with a lot of wide-open spaces they would be great, but most places I'd want to go with an off-road trailer here in North America those would never make it.

I agree with your points Drax. I believe that ROA is the driving force in specing out these rigs with components that I feel are intended for small non stand up 14' off road trailers. With the macdaddy CM suspension and the proper truck it will get your 22' 7,000 lb + beast up a rocky hill in Moab but what happens when there is a dip. That said there seem to be folks lining up to throw down 125 to 160k for these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12