Holy Grail Truck

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Het Redthies, I am around your way after July 13. Are you in Whistler? I could use some good info on tires. Are you running Toyos on your rig?:)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey Chilli! Yup, still in Whistler for now. Looking to get out of the snow this winter so we'll see where we end up after the summer... And yes, Toyos on both rigs. AT IIs on the Jeep and M55s on the dually. If you are looking for more of a road trip with some logging roads thrown in type thing, with not a heap of mud, the AT IIs are great. If you think you'll see more than just a tiny bit of mud (Stave Lake shenanigans???) then go MTs. Since you won't see any winter and typically only drive your canadian rig for a month or so a year, they will probably dry rot before you wear them out:D

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I can get you good pricing on BFG too if you want to go that route. For Toyos call the guys at Sorat Tire and Wheel in North Van. They are the cheapest I've found in the northwest.

I just took the dually up into the interior for a long weekend. Awesome trip. And for today's excitement, I might finally pick up my second 12 valve. It's a '94 2500 5 speed. The paint is a bit rough, but it might just buff up nice!:yikes:

image_zps86038a18.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Redthies you Rock, as usual. Thanks for the info. You around in July and August? Ow, you want to sell that 12 valve? Cheap?:Wow1:

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
Are you in SoCal? I swear I just saw your truck at Thornhill Broome state beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Are you in SoCal? I swear I just saw your truck at Thornhill Broome state beach.

I was at Hobson County Park for the week before Memorial Day, but "unfortunately" back home in Whistler now. Where is Thornhill?

I wish I had a bit more time or advance notice on the dates we were down your way. There are a few Dodge guys down there I would have liked to have had a beer with...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Redthies you Rock, as usual. Thanks for the info. You around in July and August? Ow, you want to sell that 12 valve? Cheap?:Wow1:

I'll be around. But I hope to not be selling either 12v. Although if the 2500 works out well, I might get something newer for camper duties. That will be a ways down the pipe though I think.

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
a2unabu6.jpg

Nope, not Red.....no camper and the tow mirrors are up!

But the clean black dually with 4 hella 500s had me 90% sure.

This is about 30 min south of Ventura, almost to Malibu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Wow, that's my döppelganger for sure! (Tow mirrors are up these days :D as camper is still on!). I sure wish I was still down there. I didn't get near enough surfing in!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Landing in Vancouver on the 13th of July. I will you a call shortly after. It would be cool to finally meet you. Cheers, Chilli..:)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
No doubt. I might even have a more relaxed schedule this summer. How long you over this time?

As an interesting (?) side note, I put the 2500 up on Craigslist for $4200 (engine value at $3000, trans at $1200), and the email is burning up! I'd love to keep it, fix, and drive it but I really can't fit in another project these days. If it goes, I'll just buy a gasser 1500 or preferably a 2500 for a work truck. $2000 will buy a spotless gasser around here, and I want to put new doors on the dually so I'll shop for a donor at the same time. This plan, like a lot of the others is subject to change, without notice...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78