Honda Tank question

Rexsname

Explorer
I have a 1980 CM400T. It is a sorta-kinda cruiser styled bike. My friend in high school had a Honda "Hawk" I think it was a CB400. In my limited research, the Hawk has a fuel capacity of 3.8 gal. Mine has a capacity of only 2.6 gallons.

Does anyone know if the Hawk tank would fit on my bike? Any Idea where I might find one to try?

REX

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I have a 1980 CM400T. It is a sorta-kinda cruiser styled bike. My friend in high school had a Honda "Hawk" I think it was a CB400. In my limited research, the Hawk has a fuel capacity of 3.8 gal. Mine has a capacity of only 2.6 gallons.

Does anyone know if the Hawk tank would fit on my bike? Any Idea where I might find one to try?

REX

I don't know the answer, but it isn't a whole lot of work to adapt any basic tank to the CM400, as long a it isn't to long (due to the rear mounting bolt).

The CM400T's are cool little bikes, particularly when you consider the price tag. I paid $250 for mine 6 or 8 months ago. I'll have another $700 - $800 in it before it takes commuting duties over from my BMW (it sat for ~15 years before I bought it, and needs a few things...). Oh, and the bars . . . I hate the bars. Gotta get something without that huge pull back.

It will never be as cool as an old Triumph or Indian, or BSA, ... but again, for the price, they are cool as heck.

Rexsname

Explorer
Well I paid a little bit more than you did but I agree that it is a cool bike. The bars are on my short list. I need to replace the chain, I'm at the end of the adjustment and will need a new one shortly. Bars are next and then I'll look into a tank and seat.

I've heard of a super-mega-ultra Motorcycle salvage yard down in PHX but dont have any info other than that.

REX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12