hood flutter

kpredator

Adventurer
hey guys
the wifes daily driver is a 13 wrangler unlimited.
what did you do for the hood flutter.
took out the spring,still not any better.
looking at different hood latches

thanks in advance for the help
kp

I have seen aftermarket hood latches as a solution. If you are looking for a cheap solution I've heard people have had good success with some zip ties around the factory latches. I will admit I haven't tried either solution myself, the hood flutter doesn't bother me too much.

jk019.jpg

sgregg108

Adventurer
Weird, I've had great results w/just removing the spring on my 13. Maybe the daystar hood wranglers could be the solution. Are the zip ties zipped? Seems like that would be a pain when you need to pop the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpredator

Adventurer
thanks for the replies

taking the spring out does help,but met a semi tonight and got the $@#& scared out of us.
was only doing about 60 but was raining and pretty windy.
looked this up on the jk forum. a few guys said daystars loosened up over time.
think we are going to purchase new latches
kp

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
When the JKs first came out I remember hearing of people laying a length of heater hose across the front just under the front edge of the hood. I don't remember how they were attaching it though. Sorry, not much help.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I have had my Daystar latches in for a year and a half of my 2 year ownership.

No loosening up at all, and not a single hood flutter.

Even if they do loosen up, for the price I'll buy them again. No regrets, easy install, highly recommended.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Daystars all the way my friend priced right and oh so easy to install. Just a little tip it's not necessary to disassemble the stock one as the directions would get you to believe just put a set of vise grips on each side of the existing pins to be removed and twist , they snap very easy and you're ready to install new pieces. put the new ones in the sun for a few minutes and it will be easier cause they are TIGHT.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:I rmoved the spring and installed a "trunk" seal/gasket under the front hood lip--

Almost 6 years later--never a "flutterdom"

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JKIMBO

Jurfie

Adventurer
Is this something that develops over time? I don't have any flutter on my 4 month old '14 JKR...

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I have seen aftermarket hood latches as a solution. If you are looking for a cheap solution I've heard people have had good success with some zip ties around the factory latches. I will admit I haven't tried either solution myself, the hood flutter doesn't bother me too much.

jk019.jpg

Thats what I did a year ago and no issues and I replace them when needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78