Horizon/Columbus/OzTent - A Complementary Trio

kb7our

Explorer
From a recent trip to a location not far from Seligman, AZ south of I40 N of Prescott.

Latest setup w/AT Horizon trailer (thanks M&M) provides the hauler, Autohome Columbus tent (thanks Mike) provides the sleeping quarters, and OzTent RV-2 (thanks Aaron) provides the changing room/extra sleeping quarters/gear stash, etc. I find that these three major components work very well together for a rapid deploy camp setup. If you are considering any of these purchases feel free to PM with questions as I have learned a few lessons along the way to matching up these items. Summer is near and so is the time to play.

Wade

Attachments

• Horizon_Columbus_Oztent_3.jpg
    Horizon_Columbus_Oztent_3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 393
  • Horizon_Columbus_Oztent_2.jpg
    Horizon_Columbus_Oztent_2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 333
  • Horizon_Columbus_Oztent_1.jpg
    Horizon_Columbus_Oztent_1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 310

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
You know, I was just tossing around an idea very similar to this. Only, with a Maggiolina instead. Do you think the awning on an Oztent could be attached to the top of a Mag so that you could have a sheltered ladder?

kb7our

Explorer
You know, I was just tossing around an idea very similar to this. Only, with a Maggiolina instead. Do you think the awning on an Oztent could be attached to the top of a Mag so that you could have a sheltered ladder?

Great idea but probably too short for that Rob since the Oz awning is only 6' long unless you want the tent to be really close to the Magg <or> can figure out a way to extend the Oz awning several more feet out by adding your own zip on panel. It could of course attach to the bottom of the Magg like the Autohome awning does.

Wade

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Wade that set up is really nice. Did you by chance get the front side doors so that you could enclose the awning section to the trailer. Oh and do you have any more photographs.

kb7our

Explorer
Wade that set up is really nice. Did you by chance get the front side doors so that you could enclose the awning section to the trailer. Oh and do you have any more photographs.

Thanks, Justin. I'm still undecided on the side panels until I use the setup a bit more. I can see that at least one would be helpful as a wind break then a second panel for added privacy when needed. Of course there is the decision on whether to go with the peak or flat panels. Time will tell. As one adds more conveniences the quick deploy concept rapidly deminishes.

Sorry but no more pics yet as these are from a recent outing to by brother's land so I have not taken many yet. If you want to see something specific just let me know and I can try to take some specific pics.

Wade

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998