horn upgrades

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
I scrapped the OEM horns. One of them had packed up and the poor thing sounded so anemic...

Mounted a set of Fiamm Freeway Blasters (one high, one low tone). I'm very, very happy with these, having put a set on my last two motorcycles and knowing that they're both loud and durable.

They're mounted a bit higher than the stock location (farther from water has to be a good thing). I angled them so that the opening is tilted away from the front to minimize rain intrusion and downward, to facilitate drainage.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Get an old alarm siren, they sound good. Very unexpecting and alerting sound.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Mounted a set of Fiamm Freeway Blasters (one high, one low tone).

I have been wanting to install these as well, but I'm having difficulty determining the proper frequency combination (the Freeway Blaster is available in different "notes" for both high and low tone). Does anyone know if 405Hz and 485Hz create the proper overall tone?

Jason

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I installed some free Audi horns

Let me know if you have another pair kicking around. Right now I'm looking at installing the horns I snagged from an Expedition but they only have a single wire and are self-grounding, unlike the Montero horns that use 2 wires each.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I used the audi horns as well. Just used trial/error to figure out which wires to go which horn connector. It should be a very easy upgrade IMHO.

java

Expedition Leader
Ive got the sirens on my RV still ( used to be emergency vehicle) need to find a driver for them.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior