Hot Spring Weekend

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
lqhikers said:
Having lived in Garden Valley Idaho for 10 +years we have used, cleaned,rebuilt (after storms ,damage by vandals,trashed by party hardy groups,torn out by groups who are offended by nudity (we were all born nude so it should not offend ,if it does be willing to wait or come back another time)Saline valley is a good example of sharing)So with this said if the powers decide to start a hot springs thread PLEASE keep it for members as the more the locations are told the more damage happens!And no glass in springs.Reading back over my post i sound selfish .so be it.Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Agreed... We cleaned alot of crap out of anearly every HS we went to on that rafting trip.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

paulj said:
There are web sites devoted to hot springs, for example
http://www.idahohotsprings.com/
covering both private (commercial) and public sites.

If your hidden spot isn't on a list like this, then by all means keep quiet about it. But it is already listed, there is little point in being hush-hush about it. Besides, vandalism is usually done by locals, not visitors from out of state. In many cases, moderate use by responsible parties is the best way to counter abusive use.

paulj

I agree with Paul.....

If I had not found my favorite hot springs I posted above..........splattered all over the net...... I would not have posted the link. I'm all about keeping special places...special! We even did our own hot springs repair while there enjoying.

A thread like this can also help educate.

It's a fine balance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior