House battery install

4x4pair

Adventurer
I've searched and haven't found what I'm looking for but I'm sure someone has done it.
Anyone have suggestions and/or pics how they mounted two 6 volt batteries to their passenger framerail on an E350 (mine is a 2003). Did you build your own box or find something that worked?
Any suggestions and pics are appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

dar395

Adventurer
Ford's OME boxes are cheap and easy to install, mine came off e-bay sorry I don't have parts number.

AZ & Cal Trip w trailers 15 686.JPGAZ & Cal Trip w trailers 15 795.JPG

The mounting holes are already in place on the van.

matloik

For what it's worth, and it may not be of any use to you, but I have a 12V house battery in a under carriage vented box right behind the driver's seat, with access lid on interior. Mine is a '01 E350.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Ujoint has a pic of a custom box in his build thread. There is at least one other thread, but I don't recall whose.

Other than that, most use the stock Ford boxes. My 97 E350 Diesel came with one.

simple

Adventurer
It's good to figure out what group size battery you want to use before selecting boxes. The ford ones limit your battery selection.

dar395

Adventurer
It's good to figure out what group size battery you want to use before selecting boxes. The ford ones limit your battery selection.

Our old van had a custom build box placed just behind the rear door step in this was real easy to maintain but a pain if your doing anything with the floor. Battery size was wide open. Venting can be seen in the photo's as for another option. I truly love the OME boxes but I agree battery needs need to be addressed as well first.

AZ & Cal Trip w trailers 15 309.JPGAZ & Cal Trip w trailers 15 335.JPG

4x4pair

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestions and responses. I'll see what size the 6v batteries are that I want to run and see if they'll fit in stock boxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears