How ARB just managed NOT to lose my business (rant over)

alan

Explorer
Was the retailer not familiar enough with the product to coach you on install and help you troubleshoot any problems? It sounds like yours may have had a couple of quality issues, rest assured ARB's tech department will solve those, however in regards to the install its my personal beleif and this proves it that ARB is not a end-retailer, hence why they don't sell direct to the public and in fact sell through a dealer network that they expect to be proficient and knowledgable on their product. Would not have solved all your problems but maybe some of them?

I've personally dealt with a handful of the mosquito nets, no issues to speak of. I'd give your retailer or ARB's tech department a call on Monday and see what they can do to sort it out for you. If nothing else your issues will prompt future solutions. The improvements between the Simson II -> Simpson III and even more so on the Simpson IIIB has been parralleled by their awnings and related products. User feedback is fundemental to that improvement. Good luck!

Halve the retails stores are owned by ARB

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Halve the retails stores are owned by ARB

In Australia yes, I had the opportunity to tour a dozen or so owned and franchise stores, very impressive service and distribution network throughout the entire country. My long-term goals is to build a store much like their average retail outlet, still a few years off but I digress. However ARBUSA is different in that it owns only the distribution network and dealers are 100% independent (unless there is something really big I'm missing?). ARBUSA runs quite differently from the Aussie marketplace both in terms of distribution as well as price structure, etc.

Total tangent, here are some pics of the ARB owned stores in Australia:

Attachments

• aussie4 009 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 009 (Medium).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 32
  • aussie4 014 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 014 (Medium).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 29
  • aussie4 015 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 015 (Medium).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 34
  • aussie4 016 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 016 (Medium).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 37
  • aussie4 046 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 046 (Medium).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 41
  • aussie4 051 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 051 (Medium).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47
  • aussie4 102 (Medium).jpg
    aussie4 102 (Medium).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I already emailed them and I'll see next week what's gonna happen but in the meantime I need a solution for my next trip in September.

Give them a call and 10 minutes of your time. I bet they make it worth your while. They've built a pretty good reputation over a long period of time for taking care of their customers.

It's a shame what happened to you, but that kind of stuff happens some times. Just be glad you bought a product from a company that cares.

EricGagne

Adventurer
Follow-up.

ARB replied to my email and they're ready to ship me another one right away, no questions asked. The only problem is that I'm in Canada and UPS will charge me 35$ so I'm gonna have to exchange it at the local store where I bought it.

Since they don't stock these they'll have to order it which is probably gonna take a month just like the first one......and as frankspintz pointed out, at that time they'll be no more mosquitos :)

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Bummer about your situation. It is definitely not the norm.

To echo other sentiments... I can speak personally to ARB's customer service. They have fixed an issue for me even when the retailer refused (stay away from RRO), doubtless putting them out some money. Good folks, but as Tony said, stuff happens sometimes. Difference is that they are gonna make it right.

cruiserlarry

One Crazy FJ
Unfortunately I'm afraid I won't be able to get a replacement for this mosquito net withing 3 weeks which is why I got a bit angry. I want the ARB and will take care of this but in the meantime I have to buy something else that I will probably never use again.

Cruiserlarry, I'm assuming you checked my pictures, am I correct in thinking that the zipper is sewn the wrong way ? I tried to find pictures on internet bu there's hardly anything except the small black and white one from ARB.

I didn't have a chance to compare your pics with my set-up, as it isn't out on the vehicle at this time. When I get a chance, I'll set mine up and compare, but the photos are too zoomed for me to see relative positions of stuff.

My other suggestion is to call ARB customer service, not just e-mail. They get hundreds a day, so it will take them (or most any company) longer to respond to an e-mail than to a phone call. Talking to a live person will save you a lot of time, IMO...

EricGagne

Adventurer
ARB is working with me on this. The guy who replied to me this morning escalated this to someone else. They say that they're quite concerned by failure of this straight out of the box.

They've asked me for complete address and they will see if they can ship me one that they took out of the box this morning and tested on a company's vehicle to make sure it's OK.

I don't know yet what's gonna happen but they're taking of this. You guys were right about their service.

EricGagne

Adventurer
ARB handled this very professionally and I got confirmation that they will ship me a new mosquito net tomorrow. They'll use postal services and make it clear on the papers that it's a replacement under warranty so I won't have to pay any fees on delivery.

The service was polite, quick, professional. I like that they took my word for it when I said there was a problem and never asked me to prove it or to return it.

So no............ARB hasn't lost my business..............what's the price of that nice fridge again ? :)

taoseno

Observer
I am glad to hear that ARB stepped up to the plate on this one. I have personally had very good luck w/ their products. I have had the ARB air lockers in my D90 since 1998 and have never had a problem and they have been used/abused a lot. I also have an ARB/Engel fridge that I have had for 10+ years and it is till going strong. Good to hear they stand behind there products........

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 101:

A customer who has never had a problem with your product or service = happy customer.

A customer who has had a problem with your product or service, which you quickly resolved for them = loyal customer.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger