How can you charge D batteries?

Gimike812

I have my new water system and the heater runs off D batteries. My Question is how do you guys and gals recharge D sized Batteries?

adi

Adventurer
I use AA->C or D converters like the ones Chet linked to for some LED lanterns. They work well, just be aware they will last 1/6 to 1/8 shorter than real D batteries.

I have used energizer rechargeable before, but they seemed to lose the charge within a week, even with no use. We were using them for my nieces baby toys when she was younger, can be a life threatening situation when you find out her favorite distraction that makes her stop crying isn't going to turn on any time soon.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I use Sanyo Eneloops in a AA-D adapter and they work great for all my D cell devices..
The eneloops hold a charge for a long time when not in use, have plenty of power and since I carry a 12vdc charger in my rig I can recharge while driving on the trail during the day

dms1

Explorer
I use Tenergy rechargeable batteries and chargers and get them from All Battery or Battery Junction (Frys Electronics also has them). Some of the Tenergy chargers work on 12v and 110AC and have both cords in the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears