How do you secure your trailer at home?

michaelclark

I use wheel chock lock for trailer. This traditional chock lock ensures quick installation and security for unattended RVs and ATVs. It works like a pincer holding tightly onto the RV wheels, forcing them to stand in one place despite pushing. Therefore, it can keep a trailer from being stolen and driven away.

Driftwood77

I really don't get those Trimax type locks. What is to stop the thief just unbolting the wheel and putting the spare one on ?

Driftwood77

I really don't get those Trimax type locks. What is to stop the thief just unbolting the wheel and putting the spare one on ?
Bye the way my trailer is behind the garden fence, has a hitchlock cover and a wheelclamp that covers the bolts. If someone wants it I will make it as difficult as possible.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Behind a fence. Your trailer is tiny go eyeball your side fence. If you have a 6ft panel frame it up on the back side between the posts so you can just pop the panel out and walk the trailer back behind the fence. No gate, no change in the look etc.

We had a 612 being used as a gear shed at our locked and monitored yacht club stolen. No joke the tongue weight was over 1000lbs. They used a stolen Toyota FJ to drag it out. We found the trailer 30 miles away missing $100 in basic tools. The $40,000 in racing sails were still in it.
We now have a modern gate system that uses an App on smart phones to open haven’t had any issues. Prior case was a fob style security gate system they easily fooled.

My 4x6 sits behind a fence panel in the side yard. Takes me 4 minutes to pull it out and 5 minutes to put away. It never sits out front unless hooked to the tow rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior