how do you store/transport your bedding and clothing?

theksmith

Explorer
i've been using a Watershed Colorado dry-duffel lately as my single bag solution for storing sleeping bag, pillow, and clothes for up to a 1 week trip. i'm loving this so much more than using a compression sack for the sleeping bag and separate bag for clothes, etc. it can easily go on the roof or wherever it fits best on a particular trip. got one for the girlfriend too - one trip to the tent from the jeep is all that's needed now.

i have a full review and more info here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398

here's a typical packing for the dry-duffel:

P1040450.JPG

and here it is with all that stuff "vacuum packed" down:

P1040441.JPG

where/how do you store your bedding and clothing?

postalWagon

Adventurer
I like to use a flier style bag. The large mouth let's me load and unload it with ease. It is small enough that I cant over load it so my wife cant lift it. We can still get our air mattress, hand pump, bedding, tent and some clothes. We can get that in the Postal Jeep with everything else much easier than any hard box.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I use 2 simple, basic duffel bags (30x18 IIRC) for my clothing & stuff sack for my sleeping bag.

Good idea on using a waterproof bag and throwing it on the roof although once you get to camp and have to take it down to get your things the bag may be soaked/covered in mud and will soak/dirty the rest of the interior. I think I could do something like that for trips that aren't too dirty or I could just toss it into a space case as well. LOL!

TheAlmightySam

Adventurer
We have a pair of backpacks for clothing: an old Kelty Redwing and a Jansport of some flavor. Bedding gets stuffed into a grey plastic tote and rides behind the bench seat in the cab. Everything stays nice and clean.

I prefer backpacks, as you can carry them and leave your arms free to grab a tote if we have to set up away from the truck.

robert

Expedition Leader
Trash bags. Been using them for years and haven't found any real reason to change although I have been known to use a duffel bag on occasion. The trash bags are large mouthed, keep any water and dust off and can be used for other purpose if needed. It's easy enough to shuffle things around in them too if you need to make them an odd shape such as fitting around gear in a cargo box.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Pelican Cases -

His and her's Pelican cases. The yellow 1200's at the front of the storage platform holds all our clothing and toiletries.

cargo 3 compressed.JPGcargo 2 compressed.JPGMoab 2010 020.jpg

overlander

Expedition Leader
Great thread. I'm still figuring this one out. I prefer to keep all the food in rear storage area, and have been keeping clothes there as well, protected from elements. The waterproof duffle is a great lightweight approach for storage on roof racks. you can also use a waterproof duffle as a washing machine when they are all dirty. just fill with water and soap and throw on roof rack! I guess you can do that as well with a pelican. I love multipurpose items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12